GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for advice on a spare tire compartment liner that will fit my mk7.5 GTI.

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I just completed the install today using this part: 5GM-863-007-CA9. I got it used from AH Parts near Sacramento, CA and had it shipped to me in FL. The liner fit perfectly over the pads, not a single bulge or wrinkle. The spare tire and roadside tire change kit also fit nicely in the carpeted well. It looks fantastic.

Whoa, that looks fantastic Jgilber0. Thanks for confirming the P/N and providing the excellent pictures. This is now a definite adder on my list of improvements. (y)

Jgilber0

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
‘21 GTI S 6MT
Whoa, that looks fantastic Jgilber0. Thanks for confirming the P/N and providing the excellent pictures. This is now a definite adder on my list of improvements. (y)
Thank you!

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
You are probably better off without it. If your trunk leaks then there isn’t anything to get wet. lol.
Even better to take a 4" hole saw to the trunk floor to let any water drain out.

nosmirk

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
7.5 DSG
I'm confused my 2018 s had the trunk liner. Was this missing from the 2019 onward 7.5?
Yes, 19's don't have either liners.
I ended up lining the tire well (and under rear seats) w/ sound absorbing matting.

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
I just completed the install today using this part: 5GM-863-007-CA9. I got it used from AH Parts near Sacramento, CA and had it shipped to me in FL.

The liner fit perfectly over the pads, not a single bulge or wrinkle. The spare tire and roadside tire change kit also fit nicely in the carpeted well. It looks fantastic.

From this:

To this:
Bumping an older thread because I found a liner on eBay and want to get it installed.

I tried putting it in yesterday, thinking it would be quick, but it turns out a lot of panels need to be removed for this to go in.

Did you use a guide or did you just start removing stuff? There is zero gap between the floor and the rear parcel shelf support (1 o'clock and 11 o'clock in the pictures), so I could just force it underneath.

Any help would be appreciated.

dequardo

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
‘21 GLI Autobahn GLI
You just need to force it in/under. Maybe using a plastic trim tool would help.

parapraxis24

Vdubber
Car(s)
MK7.5 Autobahn DSG
Hmmm, I wasn't able to move the panels much with my hands but I do have some trim tools available so I'll give it another go with those.

Thanks

PRRGG1

Drag Racing Champion
I just completed the install today using this part: 5GM-863-007-CA9. I got it used from AH Parts near Sacramento, CA and had it shipped to me in FL. The liner fit perfectly over the pads, not a single bulge or wrinkle. The spare tire and roadside tire change kit also fit nicely in the carpeted well. It looks fantastic. ...

Did you have to force the liner under the trim panels like @bass_lover1 (and maybe @dequardo) were faced with? If so, how did you work it? Thank you.