GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for a strut mount that doesn't rattle

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
FWIW, I had a rattle that I thought was my mounts and it wound up being my brake pads rattling around. I tweaked the clips and now we're back to dead silent. Just throwing that out there.

Thanks for the tip, I thought my SuperPro plates were making some noise but it was my brake pad springs, had to adjust them ??

Last edited:

GolfRRRR1

Go Kart Champion
Thanks for the tip, I thought my SuperPro plates were making some nose but it was my brake pad springs, had to adjust them ??
When at SEMA I talked with SuperPro and they have made changes 3 times to the strut mounts, I don't remember specifics as I was in a hurry but recall three changes, I believe tightening of the specs, and that they are silent. Main walk-away for me was, this thought... my concerns about buying these have been fixed and I can buy a set in the spring, or I can get the new Whiteline one....same company.
6467B8A5-2078-478D-8385-0D7EF9B2ECF7_1_201_a.jpeg

Reactions: ATR

Autobahn

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'18 Golf R
When at SEMA I talked with SuperPro and they have made changes 3 times to the strut mounts, I don't remember specifics as I was in a hurry but recall three changes, I believe tightening of the specs, and that they are silent. Main walk-away for me was, this thought... my concerns about buying these have been fixed and I can buy a set in the spring, or I can get the new Whiteline one....same company.View attachment 160269

Interesting, are the revisions a new part number? When does their latest revision drop?

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
When at SEMA I talked with SuperPro and they have made changes 3 times to the strut mounts, I don't remember specifics as I was in a hurry but recall three changes, I believe tightening of the specs, and that they are silent. Main walk-away for me was, this thought... my concerns about buying these have been fixed and I can buy a set in the spring, or I can get the new Whiteline one....same company.View attachment 160269
That looks pretty sweet. A local friend, R owner has the Superpro strut mounts and loves them. No excess noise and track/autocross duty really showed great improvement in cornering. So good that he was keeping up with a 911 ??

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
Using the SuperPro here along with their LCA’s. Great improvement in turn in. Got -2 degrees Camber up front. Nothing negative with regards to ride quality. Not enough negative camber to wear out the inner tread of your street tires for those who are concerned.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
Using the SuperPro here along with their LCA’s. Great improvement in turn in. Got -2 degrees Camber up front. Nothing negative with regards to ride quality. Not enough negative camber to wear out the inner tread of your street tires for those who are concerned.
I'll probably go with them soon ?

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
But turning is more fun than straight line performance ?

But yeah, you're right about that. I'll probably just leave it as is for a while.