GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking for a strut mount that doesn't rattle

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I'm currently running the 034 OEM upgrade strut mounts and love the feel they add to the car. However, I'm getting a audible rattle that happens over small sharp bumps. I'm also still getting a bit of understeer.

After some searching I have come down to a few choices.
-034 Dynamic+ Camber Mounts
-SuperPro Camber Strut Mounts
-Ground control adjustable camber plates

What I want out of them is to kill the understeer that I get when going into corners. My research has lead me to the above strut mounts that add in -1.4° of camber for the fixed ones and adjustable camber from stock to -2.5° don't mind a purposeful amount of vibration or harshness.

What I DON'T want is rattling or excess noises. I would hate to have to do this over again only to find out that I have something rattling around yet again.

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
And I'll throw in Vorshlag adjustables. Around 35k miles on them, dead silent. Multiple spring changes without any noise introduced.

The metal on metal adds tons of steering feel though they do make the car feel stiffer. Vorshlag characterizes it similar to "adding an inch of wheel diameter". At least.

The rub is they are designed for 'choose your spring perch' and that means their perch takes away about an inch of shaft travel. Bump stops will likely need cutting at stock height and they may not be a good choice for a car lowered more than an inch.

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I've had the 034 Camber mounts for 15k miles now I believe, 3 track days, daily driven, and 2 spring installs. No noise from the mounts that I couldn't just attribute to the design/mounting being more solid. They seem to do the job.

Personally, I wanted to add camber without introducing parts that need adjustment, or that could fall out of adjustment. The 034s had just come out, the SuperPros look similar.

If the rattle is definitely coming from your mounts, you're going to dig the old ones out, but another option to get some more camber AND add some beneficial caster are lower control arms. The SuperPro units are under $500 and add -0.5 degrees camber plus caster (there are 2 versions). Lighter arms as well (aluminum vs steel stock parts) and stiffer LCA bushings.

FWIW, I had a rattle that I thought was my mounts and it wound up being my brake pads rattling around. I tweaked the clips and now we're back to dead silent. Just throwing that out there.

rsdgti

I've been super stoked with my Super Pro Camber Offset Upper Strut Mounts, they are relatively silent and provide an additional 1.4 Degrees of camper. I feel like these are perfect for anyone looking to get additional camber with lowering springs.

I've got them paired up with Eibach Sportline Springs:

Super Pro Camber Offset Upper Strut Mount Set

A3SBQ

Ready to race!
What is the difference between the two types 034motorsport vs SuperPro?

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
What is the difference between the two types 034motorsport vs SuperPro?

Sent fra min SM-G955F via Tapatalk

The SuperPros are blue? :D

I'm sure there are various differences because they aren't the same, but they are similar in design and outcome. Both use a replaceable puck, are aluminum, use the OEM strut bearing, etc.

ATR

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
'17 Golf R 6mt
I've been super stoked with my Super Pro Camber Offset Upper Strut Mounts, they are relatively silent and provide an additional 1.4 Degrees of camper. I feel like these are perfect for anyone looking to get additional camber with lowering springs.

I've got them paired up with Eibach Sportline Springs. <Snip pix>
Nice! Thanks for your input :cool:

i love my superpro camber mounts and have 0 issues with sounds
Did you reuse your OEM spring bearings or buy new ones from the dealership?

Negative camber... Is that where the stance of the wheels are like this / \ ?
Sort of, but NOT to the extreme of what you could readily see with your eyes. I'm going for function with this setup not the silly stance boyz look :p