GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Looking at used GTI

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
Interesting - and makes sense too. I do know, however that the little shop that did my tire rotations got paid directly. They told me that they reported every month. That was fifteen years ago, so that may have changed by now.

Yeah, it was this whole big thing at one point because consumers were getting pissed... the companies even tried to deny they share data with Carfax... directly... but indirectly, through other partners who have access to their data, they are providing it with or without their knowledge.

https://www.autobodynews.com/index....-as-cic-committee-works-to-address-issue.html

Obviously this example is related to body shops, but Carfax targets 3rd party affiliates and offers them monetary compensation tied to NDA agreements to protect both parties from discovery. It is not illegal and really depends on the data privacy/sharing agreement the affiliate signs with the software vendor, a loophole really.

Last edited:

cb1111

Yeah, it was this whole big thing at one point because consumers were getting pissed... the companies even tried to deny they share data with Carfax... directly... but indirectly, through other partners who have access to their data, they are providing it with or without their knowledge.

https://www.autobodynews.com/index....-as-cic-committee-works-to-address-issue.html
This is very interesting, but CARFAX is still hit or miss. One could normally assume that an entry in CARFAX meant something, but no entry meant nothing. Now it seems that nothing means anything.

Seven years ago I was rearended in my TSX wagon, causing about $13k in damage - that never showed up on CARFAX, but a door ding on my BMW (caused by the dealer and repaired by the dealer) showed up. That repair was a $120 ding doctor fix that showed up as a side impact.

launchd

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2023 M3LR, 2021 A7
This is very interesting, but CARFAX is still hit or miss. One could normally assume that an entry in CARFAX meant something, but no entry meant nothing. Now it seems that nothing means anything.

Seven years ago I was rearended in my TSX wagon, causing about $13k in damage - that never showed up on CARFAX, but a door ding on my BMW (caused by the dealer and repaired by the dealer) showed up. That repair was a $120 ding doctor fix that showed up as a side impact.

Yeah, it’s absolutely crazy.

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
per kbb, based on the ripped drivers, missing oem splitter, rough interior, possible engine issues,,, i wouldn't spend more than 7
1607456980575.png

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
Dealer be like....

1607457485380.jpg