Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit

Desslok

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
Ebay doesn't have any for VW right now plus the link you posted cost $50 more than Burger Motorsports sells them for when they are in stock.
Good luck with that. BMS have been backordered forever. More than six months, at least.
Better to pay $50 more for something you can actually buy. The link I posted says 4 units are still available.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Good luck with that. BMS have been backordered forever. More than six months, at least.
Better to pay $50 more for something you can actually buy. The link I posted says 4 units are still available.
Thanks for that. I searched eBay yesterday for someone and that listing didn't show up. I'll let him know.
Thank you.

Timeisflat

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 VW GSW Manual
Congrats, I’m a noob as well (got my Golf last month)
General consensus here is that if you tune your car, it’s going to require more maintenance and probably won’t last as long.
If you still want to go that route, seems like JB1 is the most mild option, plug and play, gives about +40hp, requires premium fuel. Costs $350 new, I think someone was selling a used for about $150 a few weeks back.

do you have a service history for your car?

sirripo

Congrats, I’m a noob as well (got my Golf last month)
General consensus here is that if you tune your car, it’s going to require more maintenance and probably won’t last as long.
If you still want to go that route, seems like JB1 is the most mild option, plug and play, gives about +40hp, requires premium fuel. Costs $350 new, I think someone was selling a used for about $150 a few weeks back.

do you have a service history for your car?
No stranger to tuning in general, well aware of the related downsides, including premium fuel costs and increased wear and tear. My experience has shown it to be worth it. I just want to squeeze out the little bit of extra that VW tends to leave on the table. Like I said just want a little more passing power and an improvement on throttle response. (And more whooshy noises, always more whoooshy noises.)

No service records beyond what's on Carfax but the vehicle is very well taken care of, very clean underneath and seems to have gotten regular service based on carfax records.

Also appears to have been enthusiast owned as there are a number of VCDS tweaks that are already done: windows up/down with keyfob (I know on my Mk4/5 those had to be coded in, not sure if it's standard on the mk7), full gauge sweep on startup, traction control toggle in the radio, probably some others.

Last edited: