GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

looking a dump valve/blow off valve whats the difference

stevieXV

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi folks as the title suggests am new to turbo cars and always had vtec engines so this is all new to me want to know the difference between a dump valve and a blow off valve all im after really os the whoosh noise when i let off the throttle to change gears. Any recommendations? Thanks

gtiw7

Ready to race!
if you really want a huge whoosh sound with every shift, then you're looking for a blow-off-valve...I recommend Forge if you want this type of valves http://www.forgemotorsport.com/content.asp?inc=product&cat=260317DV&product=FMDVMK7A ... I would go for a Diverter valve with a decent intake however for the noise :) for some people BOV tend to get boring over time (I tried it on my previous GTI and it did turn boring after 2-3 months of daily driving! eventually I took it off)

stevieXV

Passed Driver's Ed
Thanks is there any decent cais out for the mk7 yet all i seen so far is mk6 ones

Wolksvagen

Banned
Why not just record a whoosh sound then play it back when you need to satisfy the boy racer in you?

IMO blow off valves are obnoxious, anti-sociable and pathetic.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Why not just record a whoosh sound then play it back when you need to satisfy the boy racer in you?

IMO blow off valves are obnoxious, anti-sociable and pathetic.

Hear hear - what is wrong with these guys that they need to artificially enhance the sound their cars make, tiny-dick syndrome? :rolleyes:

stevieXV

Passed Driver's Ed
Why because its all performance reasons jus cause your small engined cars aint built to modify and tune doesnt mean us that can dont want to, go back and enjoy your 1.4tsi threads which are relevant to you, ur comments mean naff all to me im interested in gti members opinions and tuning so why dont you go hijack forums which are of concern to the cars you drive

DW58

Go Kart Champion

stevieXV

Passed Driver's Ed
Well regardless hijack a forum relevant to you, you must have a pretty dull life to try bring others down for things not relevant to you in anyway at all pretty much any post ive seen from you regarding performance parts seems to be negative if your so against them dont read the threads its not your car ots other peoples to do as they please

Wolksvagen

Banned
Why because its all performance reasons jus cause your small engined cars aint built to modify and tune doesnt mean us that can dont want to, go back and enjoy your 1.4tsi threads which are relevant to you, ur comments mean naff all to me im interested in gti members opinions and tuning so why dont you go hijack forums which are of concern to the cars you drive

What a childish rant!

To quote yourself "I'm only after the whoosh sound" nothing mentioned about performance and 2L isn't what I'd call a big engine.

W.R.T. posting here, there is no qualification, anyone can post here at the forum owners discretion and it most certainly isn't for you to dictate.

Wolksvagen

Banned
And its here here not hear hear....

Before you go attempting to knock grammar / spelling, you better check your own illiterate mess

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Thank you my learned friend, I'm afraid the newcomer is revealing his immature Chav/Ghetto character in his posting.

I don't suppose our inarticulate whinger has even bothered to follow the link proving him to be wrong.

I stand by my original comment as I'm sure do you.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Nah - don't do all this man-hug luvvy-duvvy business :eek:

stevieXV

Passed Driver's Ed
Im not a chav/ghetto character i just don't get why people feel the need to bring others down over their preferences yes call me a boy racer etc im 22 and always enjoyed working wolith cars to see the most i can get out of them and putting my own touches to them but people saying im abnoxious and saying tiny dick syndrom etc because of my opinion annoys me. Im not driving up and down your street making noise or a racket so i don't get the need to be so ignorant