GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

tigeo

Autocross Champion
5% code at Rockauto - 197061635178453027

Just ordered some Ruthy's for $39 delivered.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
I just read 54 pages while I wait for my NKG rutheniums to arrive. Here’s my take aways:
Open box
Install spark plugs
Drive car
Repeat in 15k miles.

excited for new plugs!

No need to really make it more complicated than that.

Knifebright

Go Kart Newbie
No need to really make it more complicated than that.
Thx! Gonna go try em out. And I figured out where my excess oil was going (this year 😂)

Attachments

• 02E2DE2C-F164-4B43-8257-4169A4A66911.jpeg
    02E2DE2C-F164-4B43-8257-4169A4A66911.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 112

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I just read 54 pages while I wait for my NKG rutheniums to arrive. Here’s my take aways:
Open box
Install spark plugs
Drive car
Repeat in 15k miles.

excited for new plugs!
That's basically it. So much unnecessary drama w/r to plugs in the MK7 world....

tigeo

Autocross Champion
NGK RS7s have treated me better than anything. The plug obsession on this platform is so weird. The M4 with the record for highest HP is running stock plugs.
It's bizarre for sure and all stems from APR, EQT, etc. recommending plugs which morphs to "my tuner tuned it for XYZ plugs" when in-fact it's just guidance to prevent potential issues that may nor may not actually manifest themselves. Nobody is tuning a car for a specific plug. I too have used NGK "RS7" plugs at the stock gap with no issues.

tigeo

Autocross Champion
I will say these plugs do idle nice but on top of mounts and clutch 🤷🏼‍♂️
I like the Ruths in my car, nice and smooth and no issues with beating on it. I just leave the gap as they are (but do check it) - I've had 2 sets, 1 set was at 0.028" and 1 set at 0.030".

PerceivedShift

Autocross Champion
The other day I pulled my Ruth’s for carbon cleaning, I was actually surprised how clean they looked…almost like I just installed them.