GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

Calkulin

Ready to race!
My car doesn't seem to like plugs that are 1 step colder, it misfires pretty good during cold starts with the Brisk and RS7 NGKs. The Denso's ran decent but the stock NGKs have had the least cold start misfires than the rest for sure. I haven't tried the Denso or NGK race versions but I don't think I want to risk another $100 in plugs to have them misfire also

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie
I started misfiring a ton on WARM cranks. Like walk into the grocery store for 10 minutes, crank and it misfires 40 times and almost stalls out. Actually stalled out a couple times too. Giving it a little gas right after I crank for a couple seconds and all was well. No problem with cold starts.

Tried a new battery which made no difference. Flashed it back from ED Stage 2 to stock and it was perfectly fine for months. Flashed back to ED Stage 2 and it immediately misfired on warm crank again. Swapped to Brisk ER12s and it has completely stopped. Weird stuff.

What method do you guys use to close your Brisks up? One or two of mine were about .28 but I put them in anyways since I didn't want to hammer them on the concrete garage floor and I don't have a vice.

jybyrd

Go Kart Champion
I started misfiring a ton on WARM cranks. Like walk into the grocery store for 10 minutes, crank and it misfires 40 times and almost stalls out. Actually stalled out a couple times too. Giving it a little gas right after I crank for a couple seconds and all was well. No problem with cold starts.

Tried a new battery which made no difference. Flashed it back from ED Stage 2 to stock and it was perfectly fine for months. Flashed back to ED Stage 2 and it immediately misfired on warm crank again. Swapped to Brisk ER12s and it has completely stopped. Weird stuff.

What method do you guys use to close your Brisks up? One or two of mine were about .28 but I put them in anyways since I didn't want to hammer them on the concrete garage floor and I don't have a vice.
I got a little tool at AutoZone for $3 that has a notch to adjust the strap.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie

:):):)

Attachments

• Gapper.JPG
    Gapper.JPG
    20.5 KB · Views: 672

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

donefor

Go Kart Newbie
^ IME, that type of gap adjustment tool absolutely DOES NOT WORK on IKH24's - the tool will just bend, and is always in uncomfortably close proximity to the insulator :mad:

Navi

Autocross Champion

demi9od

Drag Race Newbie

m3lonbr3ad

Ready to race!
TY. I had some eBay bucks so I picked up one of these.

https://ebay.us/uw9Bep

That is what I use(in addition to a blade feeler gauge). When you get it, you might want to clean up the pressing end of the bolt. Mine had a few irregularities worth removing for consistent operation.