GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Long Term Spark Plug Thoughts

johnnloki

Drag Racing Champion
So general consensus is the oem coil is fine no matter the hp your putting down, red looks cool. Back to spark plug topic, the rs7 after 1k mi are doing fine. Idle is way better than before

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've looked at this thread so many times looking for somewhat definitive answers, but never really tripping over them, and I've got this tendency to fall down rabbit holes anyway when it comes to researching things. With that all said, your post looks pretty great to me.

"When it's time to replace the coils, might as well go red as they look cool, otherwise definitely don't bother. Also, the RS7 spark plugs are really good with JB4 and that level of bolt ons"

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I've looked at this thread so many times looking for somewhat definitive answers, but never really tripping over them, and I've got this tendency to fall down rabbit holes anyway when it comes to researching things. With that all said, your post looks pretty great to me.

"When it's time to replace the coils, might as well go red as they look cool, otherwise definitely don't bother. Also, the RS7 spark plugs are really good with JB4 and that level of bolt ons"

Besides you who would know that you have red coils unless you remove the engine cover and hood and drive around like that. :D

MikeyR44

Go Kart Newbie
Alright you spark plug gurus.... Thoughts? 33k on these stock plugs 7k of those miles I've been stage 2 Unitronic. Was not experiencing any misfires, just thought it was time to change them. Replaced with NGK PLFER7A8EG

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
The picture of the plugs looks fine, but I'd measure the gap. Getting an idea of plug wear can tell you how much longer they have left in them and if wear is even across the cylinders.

Navi

Autocross Champion
bringing this back because I'm going to change my plugs soon... Read through the last couple pages but I would like to hear how people are liking the LFER7BHX NGK Ruthenium plugs. Especially those who have run both the brisks and the rutheniums. Very curious to hear which you prefer. Not interested in hearing "oh my rs7 or stock plugs are fine"... don't care for that debate. Just want to hear about the rutheniums.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
I just installed mine today. I can let you know in a few k miles how they hold up. I just pulled my stockers at 41k miles.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
bringing this back because I'm going to change my plugs soon... Read through the last couple pages but I would like to hear how people are liking the LFER7BHX NGK Ruthenium plugs. Especially those who have run both the brisks and the rutheniums. Very curious to hear which you prefer. Not interested in hearing "oh my rs7 or stock plugs are fine"... don't care for that debate. Just want to hear about the rutheniums.

Diggs has reported that he likes them a lot.

Navi

Autocross Champion
I just installed mine today. I can let you know in a few k miles how they hold up. I just pulled my stockers at 41k miles.

any difference in idle? I remember when I went from RS7 to Brisk, the idle actually smoothed out a little. My car is super stiff so you can really feel the idle.

toothofwar

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 Golf R
any difference in idle? I remember when I went from RS7 to Brisk, the idle actually smoothed out a little. My car is super stiff so you can really feel the idle.
Idle does seem to be smoothed out a lot.

Navi

Autocross Champion