GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LOL Elon

The Fed

Old Guys Rule
Elon Musk is very pleased with how the latest SpaceX rocket prototype performed during the flight portion of a test flight in Texas Wednesday—but the landing portion shows there is plenty of room for improvement. The uncrewed 16-story SN8 prototype failed to slow down enough during its descent and exploded in a fireball when it hit the ground, the Wall Street Journal reports. "Fuel header tank pressure was low during landing burn, causing touchdown velocity to be high & RUD"—a rapid unscheduled disassembly, aka a crash—"but we got all the data we needed!" Musk tweeted. He added: "Mars here we come!"

Dog Dad Wagon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
16 Touareg TDI
Especially with Tesla currently so overvalued in anticipation of the S&P 500 indexing, he is laughing his way to the bank. Once Tesla’s value corrects I bet some major manufacturer purchases them. I just can’t see it happening any other way.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Elon Musk is now the second richest person in the world.
The flip move that spaceship did was the first of its kind and they will get the landing figured out just like they have for their other rockets. SpaceX is the only way the US can get to the space station without using Russia to get there.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
i'd like to see YOUR self landing spaceship program, thefed! *humph!*

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
I think he said there was only a 1 in 3 chance of the thing actually landing at all.
IMO this was a very successful test.
And that is the keyword "TEST". As long as you learn from the failure, that should be considered a success.
It is much better for things to explode now, rather than later.

hans611

Lost
Car(s)
'16 Golf R 6MT
It was a huge success, I follow the Starship progress closely... It went way better than expected, its first real flight....

The fact it flipped successfully and was coming in perfectly was astonishing, that thing is 20 stories high, the size of a 737.

The fuel tanks ran out of pressure right at the end and one of the engines flamed out while the other begun burning lean and destroying itself...

Its sad very few people care about space exploration and post out of spite, totally uninformed. Thank god for SpaceX.

Elon himself gave it a 1/3 chance of completing the objectives... much less landing.

You can follow the progress, see them do what NASA cannot, this guy covers it well:

https://www.youtube.com/c/EverydayAstronaut/videos