GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Locking nuts

Isaac

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys got two missing now !!! got to take action ASAP had noticed I had one missing about a month ago. Wife had a puncture got the spare put on by AA then got the tyre changed by a local tyre shop. Recently had back discs and pads changed. Just a couple of days ago after washing the car at home realised another missing. Had the car for over four years no trouble. It’s either idiots in the garages or local thieves wanting to steal my alloys. “That’s all water under the bridge” researching on a solution I might just be better off getting a new set of locking nuts plus locking key guys please help with advice if you can stock Dijon 17 they’ve grown on me big fan now. What shall I do ? prices and recommendations Thanks

Imteyaz

Car(s)
VW Golf 7.5R 2018.
As far as I know, you can buy replacement wheel locks (same locking key) from TPS.

Take any remaining wheel lock out and clean the tip (area at the end of the threads) to reveal a number. Take a pic of the number and ask for a replacement set at TPS - now you will have 2 locking keys (original and new one from replacement set) and plenty of wheel locks should any more 'fall out'. They shouldn't have fallen out, they were either not torqued correctly or not replaced when refitting the wheel. Good practice is to check they are torqued down after driving the car around 20 miles.

If buying aftermarket replacements, make sure they are the 'conical' shoulder type as that is what will be used on all genuine VW alloys.

Imteyaz

Car(s)
VW Golf 7.5R 2018.
I know the locking but key hade a code D shall I contact dealer for two bolts ?

As far as I remember, they sell locking bolts as a set / kit but standard wheel nuts can be purchased separately
Locking/security lugs won’t slow down a professional thief.

A professional thief would most likely be able to open my front door without too much difficulty - should I not bother locking it then? :ROFLMAO:

Joking apart, wheel locks will (I hope) slow a thief down, lets not make it too easy for them.

Carlosfandang0

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 3Dr GTi DSG CSG
You can but a complete secondhand set on eBay for around £20, if your lucky you will find a set that will match your current ones, there’s only around 15 - 20 different patterns across the whole VAG family so shouldn’t be too difficult to find a match.