GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Locking doors from outside with engine running

JC_451

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI Sport
My 2020 MK7.5 Golf R has the following ... Central Electrics 9 – Adaptation - ‘ZV allgemein’ – ‘Funk bei Klemme 15 ein’ --- change not active – active

For those who like to leave their car running while they fill their fuel tanks. I've never seen a car catch on fire while doing that in 55 years.
Rise from your grave zombie thread you are called back to the living from 20.....17.

🧟‍♀️🧟‍♂️🧟‍♀️

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I've thought about trying to make this happen on my car. Seems very possible with some kind of aftermarket fob controller, which if small enough could just be added to my key ring without much obtrusiveness. Getting the default fob to do it would be the most elegant way, but a big challenge.

Seems like the next logical step after defeating the clutch in to start requirement.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I've thought about trying to make this happen on my car. Seems very possible with some kind of aftermarket fob controller, which if small enough could just be added to my key ring without much obtrusiveness. Getting the default fob to do it would be the most elegant way, but a big challenge.

Seems like the next logical step after defeating the clutch in to start requirement.
You can do it with Carista and you can use Carista for just one week for $10. That's what I did and made all the changes I wanted to make. Does most everything obdeleven does. On the lock the doors with the engine running it works like it's supposed to but you then need to unlock the door with the fob also. Just touching the door handle won't work when the engine is running. The fob works like normal when the engine is off.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
You can do it with Carista and you can use Carista for just one week for $10. That's what I did and made all the changes I wanted to make. Does most everything obdeleven does. On the lock the doors with the engine running it works like it's supposed to but you then need to unlock the door with the fob also. Just touching the door handle won't work when the engine is running. The fob works like normal when the engine is off.
I was talking about hacking up a remote start system. I forgot to quote the post where the topic went in that direction.

In any event, this looks like it'd work:

Remote start

Or, I could ghetto rig something up with Chinese generic bits for $20 or $30