GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Locking doors from outside with engine running

MK74044

2015 GTI, push-button start. I want to be able to lock the doors with the fob while the engine is running, for example to let the car warm and/or defrost on cold mornings. I have read that this feature is turned off on state side vehicles. I have also read that this feature can be turn on by accessing the body control module. Is this true? Can anyone help me with this? Thank you in advance to everyone.

MK74044

Thank you for that! I apologize for asking more, however with these instructions is that done from within the vehicle or with diagnostic equipment and software?

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
Thank you for that! I apologize for asking more, however with these instructions is that done from within the vehicle or with diagnostic equipment and software?
You'll need diagnostic equipment like VCDS (aka VagCom) or OBDeleven with an Android device to make those changes

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

hobie411

Passed Driver's Ed
I set it up with obd11. Works great. I’ll note that locking and unlocking both require the fob; the handle sensor is disabled while running.

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
Has anyone done this on a 2017? I cannot for the life of me find the setting. Am I blind or is it gone?

hobie411

Passed Driver's Ed
Not a 2017, but here’s my 2016 setting...

// Key Fob Active While Running (Lock While Running)

Adaptation

Control unit: 09 Central Electrics

Name: Access control

Values:

Funk bei Klemme 15 ein:

Old value: not active

New value: active

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I have one. I spent an hour in the car today looking for the settings and even digging with the long coder.

I'll look again later.

NeedSleep

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 Golf R DSG
I did this today using OBDeleven. 2017 car with a 2016 build date.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I got it. I'm an idiot and forgot how to use the search in VCDS. I was entering a term and hitting enter like in a browser, and getting pissed off when the laptop did nothing. I forgot you had to enter a search term and then just open the dropdown.

Anyways, mine was called Allgemein - Funk Bei Klemme 15 Ein, which didn't help when I was trying to find it manually. It's working perfectly now. Almost everything I've done with VCDS has had a slightly different name than the guides and it's been a little interesting.

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
2015 GTI, push-button start. I want to be able to lock the doors with the fob while the engine is running, for example to let the car warm and/or defrost on cold mornings. I have read that this feature is turned off on state side vehicles. I have also read that this feature can be turn on by accessing the body control module. Is this true? Can anyone help me with this? Thank you in advance to everyone.

Hate to be that guy, but just get in your car, start it up, and drive off. Get some gloves and a hat if you're cold and don't have heated seats.

heiney9

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTi Sport DSG
Hate to be that guy, but just get in your car, start it up, and drive off. Get some gloves and a hat if you're cold and don't have heated seats.

What if the car sits outside and every morning has a thick layer of frost. Sure, you can use a scraper, but that's not always 100% successful. Some of us need to get the defroster working before it's safe to drive. For some of us, it's more of a safety issue than needing to have a warm car for comfort. My car is garaged so that's not an issue for me, but it is for my MK5 that sits outside.

Also many times in the Winter when I have to leave work during a snow storm or ice storm, it's nice to have the defroster hot before I start driving so it would need to be warmed up for about 7-10 minutes minimum. I'd prefer my car locked while it's running and don't feel I should have to sit in a running car for 10 minutes.