GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIVE from Paris Show: Debut of 2013 GTI and Golf [Photos]

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
pretty sure that's the standard across the board. the manifold is now integrated into the head swimming in coolant. i speculated that might make swaps easier, to a point. OEM swap like k03->k04 would just require the turbo... but much past that you may run into problems.

Hmmm. Depends on the construction of the compressor/cartridge/turbine to the manifold. Hopefully its a simple, bolt/unbolt procedure.

APR will have to re-package their GT28 setup now if thats the case.

mkvhaz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI

Is that an oil filter canister on the bottom left corner of the engine?

Anyway, I think the pictures look great... way better than the renders. I think it will look even more striking in person.

Also, isn't anyone else concerned that the US won't get the "performance" package. I just don't see VOA bringing it to the US market.

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion
Am I the only one who actually LIKES the new steering wheel?

Yes because it sucks hard (accepted and well known truth) wiki it

AF-MKVI

Go Kart Champion

mkvhaz

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2007 GTI
Apparently MK5's canister looks like that, its a cartridge type, not the can type...at least its still at the same location, not buried like MK5s...

Oh, I didn't realize that the oil filter was already located there with the TSI engine. Interesting that they went back to the paper filter/plastic housing design.

grambles423

Automotive Engineer
Car(s)
2008 GTI
Oh, I didn't realize that the oil filter was already located there with the TSI engine. Interesting that they went back to the paper filter/plastic housing design.

Yeah, I'm curious about that as well as there were claims of breaking the housing rather easily.