Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Cobb Accessport.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
torque and OBD dongle will only have very limited number of things you can log. Mostly generic stuff like rpm, speed, boost (up to 22psi), afr, coolant temp, iat, etc. Not knock or any other more specific ones.

What are you trying to accomplish with the logging?

liam8216

Passed Driver's Ed
torque and OBD dongle will only have very limited number of things you can log. Mostly generic stuff like rpm, speed, boost (up to 22psi), afr, coolant temp, iat, etc. Not knock or any other more specific ones.

What are you trying to accomplish with the logging?
The only missing is ignition and the capabilities to auto log at a certain time level like jb4 does.

aaronc7

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 S3
why are you so concerned about auto logging based on engine rpm? that will really limit your choices and is kind of pointless. You can easily manually start/stop a log and just view the section you want.

If you go bluetooth obd dongle, torque is your best bet for an app probably. A cheap $20 device will work but will be slower than the 'name brand' devices such as OBDLink MX. But again it's limited to generic SAE OBD parameters.

Which is why I was asking what you were intending to use it for exactly? Measure performance times? Monitor engine parameters to make sure everything is running well/safe? etc

liam8216

Passed Driver's Ed
why are you so concerned about auto logging based on engine rpm? that will really limit your choices and is kind of pointless. You can easily manually start/stop a log and just view the section you want.

If you go bluetooth obd dongle, torque is your best bet for an app probably. A cheap $20 device will work but will be slower than the 'name brand' devices such as OBDLink MX. But again it's limited to generic SAE OBD parameters.

Which is why I was asking what you were intending to use it for exactly? Measure performance times? Monitor engine parameters to make sure everything is running well/safe? etc
I will be using this for measuring engine parameters and want it to auto log all the time at a whatever rpm or just automatically if I set it that way

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I will be using this for measuring engine parameters and want it to auto log all the time at a whatever rpm or just automatically if I set it that way

With the Torque app and an OBD dongle you have to initiate the logging. It won't just happen automatically. You can even email the results to anyone.