GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LITTCO is38x - who actually runs one?

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
I find this surprising considering your background with several forced induction cars. Just look at that pathetic stock IC, crammed between the condensor and radiator. It has no chance.

IC>DP

stock IC is obviously tiny and terrible design, and I don't like where VW put it, but did not know a $250 ebay intercooler was even worth discussing, or worth just doing now vs. waiting and doing a higher quality $1k intercooler later. of course would also like to throw a ton of awesome parts at my car but have to prioritize $ and time, and IC install looks like big time consuming pita as well and I don't have time right now to do the install myself.

you guys convinced me though, sounds like I don't need new PCV or DV either, and then can probably skip the TIP also, which pays for an ebay Majesty front mount intercooler.

not sure if Spulen engine mount inserts would get the job done but if so that would save like $600-700 vs. BFI/Superpro too which could be put towards better intercooler, install labor and other goodies

Last edited:

beaumier2006

Ready to race!
Hey guys. Anyone know of folks running the L450 with port injection stage 3+ fueling and flex fuel? I am finishing up my '15 A3 quattro and have these last power mods to install. Unfortunately I have not found anyone running this setup.
- Stephen

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
assuming is just the same as normal is38, but look forward to feedback! and getting protuned on COBB by EQ also? curious to hear your feedback on response/lag vs. an is20 as well

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
assuming is just the same as normal is38, but look forward to feedback! and getting protuned on COBB by EQ also? curious to hear your feedback on response/lag vs. an is20 as well

It is the same as the IS38. Just has the better bearings and balancing. I'll let you know on the rest.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
I just got my L380 Littco installed and for the people who asked me to comment on lag compared to the IS20 I will tell you that peak torque is 800 RPM higher on the L380 but it revs so fast that there is no discernible lag.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
Hey guys. Anyone know of folks running the L450 with port injection stage 3+ fueling and flex fuel? I am finishing up my '15 A3 quattro and have these last power mods to install. Unfortunately I have not found anyone running this setup.
- Stephen

I finished up my A3 with mpi and full e85 but I'm running EQT turbo. A little bigger than l450 but should be similar.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
I just got my L380 Littco installed and for the people who asked me to comment on lag compared to the IS20 I will tell you that peak torque is 800 RPM higher on the L380 but it revs so fast that there is no discernible lag.

appreciate the update and feedback.

how is part throttle response, and part throttle torque at lower rpm vs. the is20? ie: leaving a stop at 50% throttle

also did you dyno it to get that 800rpm peak torque figure, or is that seat of the pants estimate from driving around?

Last edited:

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
appreciate the update and feedback.

how is part throttle response, and part throttle torque at lower rpm vs. the is20? ie: leaving a stop at 50% throttle

also did you dyno it to get that 800rpm peak torque figure, or is that seat of the pants estimate from driving around?

Part throttle at about 50 % feels about the same until about 3000 RPM then it really takes off. Yes I got the peak torque RPM from the dyno printout.

Zx2man

Ready to race!
Part throttle at about 50 % feels about the same until about 3000 RPM then it really takes off. Yes I got the peak torque RPM from the dyno printout.

Dyno numbers are? What tuning software?

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
awesome, thanks for feedback. I'm excited to get my car swapped over this year when i have time.

even though is just an is38 power level, would love to see the dyno sheet with build details also. if you have any previous dynos of is20 setup would be awesome too.

Last edited:

AlienSP

Ready to race!

Thanks for the info. My thoughts are the L380 sometime this year and the more info, the better. Some have mentioned Dan is hard to reach; he replied twice on the same day to my email within an hour.