GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LITTCO is38x - who actually runs one?

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
If I had to choose between Torco and clean drinking water, it would be a tough call.

I've never had any issues with any of these Boostane or Torco products in any car, and my last car was >1k hp, saw tons of street miles in traffic with a big gnarly cam (zero spark plug issues despite this), ran >174mph in 1/2 mile for tons of events running 12+ runs per day, counltess highway and dyno pulls, and also had dual super expensive widebands and I also had zero issues with the O2 sensors. Upon tear down, and also when using borescope never saw anything weird in the combustion chambers and I think it was the highest horsepower setup for the parts used ever, at least at the time, so it ran hard for what it was.

I'd say you'll be more than fine, but I think my position is pretty clear at this point hahaha

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
so gathering up my parts list for is38x swap and would appreciate if anyone here has any thing they think i should add while i have the car apart and at EQT for the install/tuning:

is38x (duh)

Unitronic inlet pipe

MAP downpipe w/GESI cat

BFI stage 1 mounts (my old oem ones are shot, open to suggestions)

new PCV (have heard of more than one guy have old one leak during reinstall)
https://www.shopdap.com/06k-103-213-a.html

new style DV

Cobb with EQT tuning

monkibouy

Passed Driver's Ed
Seconded an IC. I’d check the DV for smooth actuation before just up and replacing it, all MK7s should be the piston style. Mount wise, I love the full SuperPro setup but that’s a more involved install than BFI/034/etc. since you have to drop the subframe to do the pendulum mounts.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
thanks guys, I know stupid not to and I plan to do an InterCooler since certainly should have one, probably either IE or GTIjake later this year, but not in the cards immediately unless somehow find another extra $1-2k can blow on my car.

Kind of crazy that between cost of Cobb and then DSG/ECU tuning, just the tuning component alone will be like $1,500 or something...

good call on the superpro, I'll check and see how much more $ for install they charge since have to drop the subframe but those look nice

Last edited:

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
thanks guys, I know stupid not to and I plan to do an InterCooler since certainly should have one, probably either IE or GTIjake later this year, but not in the cards immediately unless somehow find another extra $1-2k can blow on my car.

Kind of crazy that between cost of Cobb and then DSG/ECU tuning, just the tuning component alone will be like $1,500 or something...

good call on the superpro, I'll check and see how much more $ for install they charge since have to drop the subframe but those look nice

Get a cheaper DP and skip the TIP and DV to afford an IC.

SugarMouth

Drag Race Newbie
IC is a requirement unless you like high IATs and timing pull. You will get all of one quick pull before everything turns to shhhh.

I would rather run a stock DP with a IC than a stock IC and a aftermarket DP.

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
so gathering up my parts list for is38x swap and would appreciate if anyone here has any thing they think i should add while i have the car apart and at EQT for the install/tuning:

is38x (duh)

Unitronic inlet pipe

MAP downpipe w/GESI cat

new PCV (have heard of more than one guy have old one leak during reinstall)
https://www.shopdap.com/06k-103-213-a.html

new style DV

Cobb with EQT tuning

No. This is your new mod list.

is38x (duh)

MAP downpipe w/GESI cat

Cobb with EQT tuning

ebay FMIC

Cliff p.

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'17 Golf R DSG
Second the eBay Intercooler. The Magesty I have fit great, and is FARRRRRRR better than OEM. 2.5" thick core is no joke.

Jedimk7

Drag Race Newbie
Second the eBay Intercooler. The Magesty I have fit great, and is FARRRRRRR better than OEM. 2.5" thick core is no joke.
X2

Sent from my Gavin Belson black box signature edition

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
didn't realize an ebay IC was even worth considering, awesome. Let me check install price but didn't realize IC was perhaps more important than even downpipe. good to know.

i know intercooler is important but was just saving for another day later on as have to draw the line somewhere on money/parts, as now I'm looking at coilovers and and just spirals out of control hahaha

EDIT: digging into data on the front mount ebay majesty intercooler and pretty surprised how effective they seem to be. really cool for ~$300 and install doesn't look TOO bad.

Last edited:

Diggs24

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI
didn't realize an ebay IC was even worth considering, awesome. Let me check install price but didn't realize IC was perhaps more important than even downpipe. good stuff.

I find this surprising considering your background with several forced induction cars. Just look at that pathetic stock IC, crammed between the condensor and radiator. It has no chance.

IC>DP

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
I’d check the DV for smooth actuation before just up and replacing it, all MK7s should be the piston style.

someone mentioned to me that at some point VW changed the DV piece in some way, and since my car is an early 2016 build it is likely on the older DV so that was the main reason for just replacing it while the car is apart.