GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LITTCO is38x - who actually runs one?

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
if you want to run a canned APR tune or something then I think the normal L380 would be the one for you but I think if using this L380x the previous dyno sheet shows you'll get dramatically better results from a custom tune. Given how good COBB is these days though I really don't see why anyone would use anything else given the choice anyway. COBB so much better than APR/Uni/034 etc and also cheaper and more scalable

Last edited:

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
I have no idea how Dan would police this, but on their Instagram, he said that they're only selling them to people who are going to get a custom tune- "only for custom stage 2 maps we won't be selling these unless the owner is getting a custom map as OTS maps just going to cause headaches all round"

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bz80SGUnh6Y/

First reply of first comment

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
interesting. he probably just doesn't want a bunch of people early on having shitty results before some good numbers are established. also this looks like custom tune is by far the best way to go so no idea why someone would buy this turbo without doing a custom tune anyway

Handguns4heaRTs

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
interesting. he probably just doesn't want a bunch of people early on having shitty results before some good numbers are established. also this looks like custom tune is by far the best way to go so no idea why someone would buy this turbo without doing a custom tune anyway

Ya, there was something involving APR Stage 2 with them originally, but I can't remember the full details nor do I wish to dredge it up on forums and/or IG haha. I'm trying to talk myself into getting one within the next year, and will have it dyno tuned by Jon at 5150, so we'll see

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long

I e-mailed Dan recently because I wanted to see if I could run it on an OTS map for the 1.8t, since I just wanted a beefier IS38 for peace of mind (and I think Maestro's the only option now for the 1.8t?). He said people have had some issues with units running OTS maps, which are more software related, but people still expected him to warranty the turbo.

But yeah considering the price of a custom tunes nowadays, pretty much a no-brainer if you're going to buy an aftermarket turbo for more power...

J Peterman

Go Kart Champion
@Derushi: Check out United Motorsport also for the 1.8T.

http://unitedmotorsport.net/products/mk7-mqb-18-tsi-gen3/?vehicleId=1672&productId=1673

Any hybrid qualifies as a "big turbo", which is $200 more than a semi-custom OEM IS20 or IS38 tune and fairly in line with Maestro pricing. They also recommend upgrading fueling for a hybrid. They're likely my choice whenever I decide on a hybrid to buy.

Boosted Euro (Mirza) has also tuned a bunch of hybrids on the MQB platform, 1.8's included.

ROW intake manifold with MPI rail and harness arrived in the mail today. PR Walbro 450 incoming...

Derushi

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
Long

http://unitedmotorsport.net/products/mk7-mqb-18-tsi-gen3/?vehicleId=1672&productId=1673

Any hybrid qualifies as a "big turbo", which is $200 more than a semi-custom OEM IS20 or IS38 tune and fairly in line with Maestro pricing. They also recommend upgrading fueling for a hybrid. They're likely my choice whenever I decide on a hybrid to buy.

Boosted Euro (Mirza) has also tuned a bunch of hybrids on the MQB platform, 1.8's included.

ROW intake manifold with MPI rail and harness arrived in the mail today. PR Walbro 450 incoming...

Didn't realize they did custom tunes for the MQB! I ended up picking up a JB4 for now and maybe an IS20...

Let us know how it goes with yours, it looks like you found yourself in the MQB rabbit hole :D

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

Keep in mind they only offer those tunes for awd Golfs

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion