GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LITTCO Hybrid Options

littco

Ready to race!
I've been asked by a few people now to consolidate the information that seems to be on a few threads with regards the Hybrid IS38's we have available.

We have been producing hybrids for the IS38 for a little over 2 years now and have gone from 1 fairly basic spec to a large number of options which are available . It seems that the L450 is currently the most popular IS38 hybrid we sell into the USA, but we do have a number of other options.

We have designed and developed all our units, yes we do get the individual parts produced from our suppliers in China but they are to our drawings and specifications and we assemble and VSR balance them in the UK. pretty much every component inside the core has been upgraded and replaced.

The key focus for us has been thrust bearing which is a known weak point, we have a completely new thrust bearing for the IS38 162% larger in surface area than the original and based on a proven design. Along with our interchangeable thrust components is allows us to run both stock and larger shafts in the stock bearing housings. We have tested the parts to the same levels as the TD06 cores which are known as good solid setpoint.

Main IS38 hybrids we offer:

IS38X:
Stock spec'd IS38 with clipped turbine
Upgraded thrust bearings
Cnc machined compressor cover
Slow speed and VSR balance below 0.65g
Price is dependant on new or exchange

L430 Supercore:
Upgraded core, 50mm compressor wheel, clipped turbine, and compressor cover.
This is designed as a basic upgrade to the IS38 where by the original turbine housing, actuator and DV are used and user swappable.
£750 ( aprox $990 )

L450 Hybrid:
52mm OE profiled turbine
52mm 7+7 compressor wheel
Upgraded thrust bearings
CNC machined housings
IS38 Actuator
DV&Muffler
400whp&450Bhp at C1.7bar
£1250 ( aprox $1650 )

L500 Hybrid:
54mm Custom large shaft turbine wheel
54mm Compressor wheel.
Upgraded thrust bearings
CNC machine housings
IS38 Actuator
DV&Muffler
Balancing as above.
500bhp@1.9bar
£1850 ( aprox $2400 )

L5656 Hybrid:
This is our new hybrid, yet to be fully tested. We have developed a 9 bladed turbine wheel using the same large shaft as the L500. This turbine is 56mm and will be used with out 56mm compressor we have tested to over 600bhp.
Upgraded thrust bearing
CNC housings
Balancing as above.
We will be doing a lot of testing over the coming month to see how the wheel compares to the existing 54mm wheel in various setups.
Anticipated power C550bhp

£2080 (aprox $2800)

We believe in an honest an open approach and have set the power levels for each of our units at sensible levels, there is no doubt that more boost and fuelling could net better results but we don't sell our turbos based on headline figures.

I am more than happy to answer any questions, and will put some graphs and pictures up in due course.

Please bare in mind we are in the UK, so whilst the £-$ is very favourable to you at the moment import charges may be liable and replying may not be straight away due to the time difference.

Last edited:

BronxBomber

Ready to race!
Dan is a stand up guy. Good luck with the Sales Dan.

Navi

Autocross Champion
The L430 isn't balanced? Also, is there any info on your is38x offering? Can you also provide some information on the clipped turbine. I've been doing some research on "clipping" and have read a lot of opinions and many for and many against clipping. I'm curious what your take is on it regarding these turbo applications that you offer such as spool, effeciency, how aerodynamic flow is affected etc. Also which offerings have upgraded shafts? I see you mentioned that you can run stock and upgraded shafts with your offerings which have the upgraded shafts or is it a paid upgrade? Thank you.

Last edited:

carchrism5

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI
Thanks for putting together this list, this is great info.

I recall seeing an IS38x posted on your FB group a while back, is that something still offered?

Also for clarification, on the L430 do you need to provide a core when you say "original turbine housing, actuator and DV are used and user swappable." So that price is for the upgrades listed above only?

On the other options L450 and above the unit comes complete and ready to install, needing no parts from the original turbo off the car? This is important for those that either have a GTI and do not have the IS38 wastegate actuator or if the person wants to sell their current IS38 whole, because IS38s without the wastegate actuator aren't worth much.

Last edited:

psychonosspaz

Go Kart Champion
Also would like to know how many L450s are currently in America and if any have had any issues to date?

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Subscribed!

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
I just got smoked by an 09 Carrera S. How much turbo do I need?

ourlee

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 TT 17 GTI S
Turbo, cooler, tune, dp. Anything else?
$5050 so far + labor. By the time I get this done, P-man will be upgraded.

Jose_Gti

Autocross Newbie
Let’s keep this thread focus on LITTCO, you may need a whole new thread just for your situation.