GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

List of Mod Friendly dealers

fingerscrossed

Any others in the Los Angeles area? Galpin is pretty far from me.

If anyone knows about VW of DTLA, New Century VW in Glendale, VW of Alhambra, VW of Pasadena those ones are the closest to me.

9uns

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
gti
Damn Galpin sounds good but 52 miles 1 way is rough. I've seen Alhambra VW thrown around here and there. Any experience with any OC dealers?

jbm119

Ready to race!
Do all VW dealers sell aftermarket parts?
I only visited three dealers, two near where I live, and one I purchased in MD, they all sold aftermarket part and it seems there are some relation between mod friendly dealer and selling aftermarket part like APR.

TimmyTbonez235

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
I did not find a comprehensive list of Mod friendly dealers all in one place. I did a google search and found a similar thread in MK6 forum which was last updated in 2015. I thought it would be great if we can put together a list here based on our recent personal experience.

NOTE:
1. Tune is not the only mod.
2. Dealers in the list might be more reasonable than an average VW dealer (They might not "abruptly" decline your clutch warranty claim because you have an aftermarket cat back)

Can you share the name, location of Mod friendly dealer and your experience with them.

CALIFORNIA
Galpin VW, North Hills - Post #20
Steven's Creek VW, San Jose - Post #63

COLORADO
Emich VW, Denver - Post #26

CONNECTICUT
Prestige VW, Stamford - Post #15

DELAWARE
Smith VW, Wilmington - Post #7

ILLINOIS
Autobarn VW, Mt. Prospect - Post #12
Pugi VW, Downers Grove - Post #54

MARYLAND
Pohanka VW, Capitol Heights - Post #5
Antwerpen VW, Pasadena - Post #65
Fitzgerald Auto Mall, Annapolis - Post #87
Ourisman VW, Waldorf - Post #90, #100

MASSACHUSETTS
Wellesley VW, Wellesley - Post #10
Patrick VW, Auburn - Post #109

MICHIGAN
Vyletel VW, Sterling Heights - Post #99

NORTH CAROLINA
VW of South Charlotte, Charlotte - Post #40, #62
Leith VW, Raleigh - Post #40
Harmony Motors, Asheville - Post #56

NEW HAMPSHIRE
VW of Rochester, Rochester - Post#74

NEW JERSEY
Trend Motors VW, Rockaway - Post #8
Linden VW, Roselle - Post #8
Gensinger VW, Clifton - Post #22
Jack Daniels VW, Fair Lawn - Post #22

OHIO
VW of Streetsboro, Streetsboro - Post #3

TEXAS
Bobby Beck's VW, McKinney - Post #45, #53

VIRGINIA
Valley Volkswagen, Staunton - Post #13
Lindsay VW, Sterling - Post #16
Stohlman VW, Tysons Corner - Post #64
Fairfax VW, Fairfax - Post #64
Checkered Flag VW, Virginia Beach - Post #92
Flow VW, Charlottesville - Post #92

WASHINGTON
Auburn VW, Auburn - Post #67, #68

CANADA - BC
OpenRoad VW, Burnaby - Post #88

Please update,
Jack Daniels is a no go, they don’t work with modified vehicles anymore
Linden VW is under new management so their list may need to be updated

CaptainRatty

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI
Flow VW in Winston-Salem has been cool with it for a few warranty claims now. I’m in for a WP/T-Stat and the tech and service advisor are both enthusiasts.

cb1111

You may want to update your original with a note about what "mod friendly" really means. You've touched on it in Note 2, but some may read that as "they'll approve any failure". Perhaps something along these lines:

Dealers generally have the authority to approve obvious defects without authorization from VW - however, VW may ask for the failed parts to be sent to VW to determine why the part failed.

They generally do this IF it is an uncommon failure or if the failure normally only occurs on cars that have been modified.

If a dealership approves a failure as warranty and VW determines that the failure was not a manufacturer's defect then they will charge that back to the dealer.

Accordingly, there are some dealers that have gotten charged back and are gun shy. Accordingly, they go overboard and deny claims that should be approved because the car has some sorts of mod.

A "mod friendly" dealer is one that carefully analyzes a mod and determines if that mod has a connection to the failure. If it doesn't, then they submit it as a warranty claim

SnailpowerMk7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI SE 6SPD MT
I wanted to add Douglas VW in Summit, NJ was mod friendly when I went to them last. They used to also provide APR tune but no longer. They'll at least do work even if modded. At least since I went last which was like 2 years ago.

maxwell

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2018 GSW 6MT 4motion
3 Rivers VW in McMurray, PA (Greater Pitt area)

APR authorized, and have been fantastic with warranty work despite a stage 1 tune, suspension mods, etc.

TimmyTbonez235

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI SE
I wanted to add Douglas VW in Summit, NJ was mod friendly when I went to them last. They used to also provide APR tune but no longer. They'll at least do work even if modded. At least since I went last which was like 2 years ago.
I went a year ago for a coolant leak and they refused to touch the car.