GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Liquid sound in the center of dashboard

Dimi

doesn't sound like coolant bubbles, doesn't sound like oil sloshing into turbo, doesn't sound like a loud oil pickup. I noticed you said 1.6TDI. I think the diesels have a urea tank in the back, but they may circulate the fluids forward...? have you gone through the in car menu to determine if maybe the fluid is low? I think it's called adblue or something.

That's my best guess, but if you can't figure it out, just take it to the dealer like everyone else said. Despite terrible stigma around "dealerships" being "stealerships" I've only had good experiences with dealers. Outside of the sales departments, I usually find dealerships to be the most reliable and knowledgeable.

EDIT: I will admit, my local VW/Audi dealership is owned by a family friend, but the service people don't know that and they've been great towards me...
I will check that but i dont think it has adblue. Thank you.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
a length of hose works as a mechanics stethoscope to help locate where the sound is coming from.

Mud

Dimi

Put your ear right beside the gas pedal, the heater core is about 2 inches to the right of the pedal behind the plastic cover. If it sounds like it’s coming from that’s area then you might have a problem with the heater core.
Hello again. I had the car for a week in stillness and noticed that it had lost no fluid at all. when moving it loses all fluid within 30 kilometers.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
Hello again. I had the car for a week in stillness and noticed that it had lost no fluid at all. when moving it loses all fluid within 30 kilometers.

Do you mean all the coolant is lost in 30 kilometers?

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
It still sounds like a blown head gasket, to me; specifically exhaust gasses making it into the cooling system.

The OP didn't say anything about smoke coming out of the exhaust or coolant in the oil and he's driving it regularly so it doesn't sound like a blown head gasket.

dosjockey

Go Kart Champion
The OP didn't say anything about smoke coming out of the exhaust or coolant in the oil and he's driving it regularly so it doesn't sound like a blown head gasket.

Those are common, but not necessary symptoms.

There is a type of failure that only allows combustion gasses into the coolant. Loss can be from vaporization and/or over-pressure, and often it's not going to immediately show in the exhaust. Sometimes it never does, at least not to a degree that's ever really visible at idle. It's good to remove the drip pan and get some cardboard under it, as well; because the loss can occur externally as the engine cools; and sometimes only then.

The symptom is almost universal: A waterfall or "desk fountain" sound coming from the heater core, with little other indication of a fault beyond a potential coolant loss (not always present).

Beyond overheating or coolant loss, there is almost no indication that anything is wrong with the vehicle; and indeed it can be quite safe to just feed it coolant like fuel. It's not always safe, though. The small leak will expand eventually. How long? Could be 100,000 miles, could be 10; there's no way to tell. When it does, you'll either overheat quickly or tear up your bottom end as the oil begins to emulsify slowly, without your immediate knowledge.

This is incredibly common on certain cars (it's happened to one of mine, actually), but it can happen to any car.

It may seem to be overly odd, but consider this: It does happen, and when it happens to a GTI, the owner is likely to join or visit a forum to solve the problem. The odds of us encountering a genuine case here are extremely high, even if it's a relatively rare sort of failure for most vehicles.

Hopefully that's not the problem, and thankfully, it's easy to test for.

Dimi

Those are common, but not necessary symptoms.

There is a type of failure that only allows combustion gasses into the coolant. Loss can be from vaporization and/or over-pressure, and often it's not going to immediately show in the exhaust. Sometimes it never does, at least not to a degree that's ever really visible at idle. It's good to remove the drip pan and get some cardboard under it, as well; because the loss can occur externally as the engine cools; and sometimes only then.

The symptom is almost universal: A waterfall or "desk fountain" sound coming from the heater core, with little other indication of a fault beyond a potential coolant loss (not always present).

Beyond overheating or coolant loss, there is almost no indication that anything is wrong with the vehicle; and indeed it can be quite safe to just feed it coolant like fuel. It's not always safe, though. The small leak will expand eventually. How long? Could be 100,000 miles, could be 10; there's no way to tell. When it does, you'll either overheat quickly or tear up your bottom end as the oil begins to emulsify slowly, without your immediate knowledge.

This is incredibly common on certain cars (it's happened to one of mine, actually), but it can happen to any car.

It may seem to be overly odd, but consider this: It does happen, and when it happens to a GTI, the owner is likely to join or visit a forum to solve the problem. The odds of us encountering a genuine case here are extremely high, even if it's a relatively rare sort of failure for most vehicles.

Hopefully that's not the problem, and thankfully, it's easy to test for.
What do you suggest to tell my mechanic look for;