GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Liking any other VW Models?

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
The deals and the warranties on the 2020’s are not as good as any leftover 2019’s. 2020 S manuals are like 24K. They used to move S models for 20, 21K left and right

Those East cost prices, here 2020 S trims go for 27-28K depending on if they are manual or DSG.

riceburner

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK5 Best GTI
the only other vw i kind of like besides (kindof) the jetta GLI, is the Tiguan, it looks pretty nice and sharp, has a TSI, overall not a bad ride nor for a bad price. I dont think its offerred with HID lights even as an option though which is kind of a bummer because the one aspect of how you could definately make it look better is better headlights.

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
the only other vw i kind of like besides (kindof) the jetta GLI, is the Tiguan, it looks pretty nice and sharp, has a TSI, overall not a bad ride nor for a bad price. I dont think its offerred with HID lights even as an option though which is kind of a bummer because the one aspect of how you could definately make it look better is better headlights.

Agreed. Beyond my comprehension that VW would offer a model without HIDs even OPTIONAL.

My friend just got a “2019 Tiguan SEL Premium R-Line BLACK” (yes that is the whole name of the car) and it doesn’t have upgraded stereo OR HIDs. Which, to me, is unforgivable when the car is over 40K MSRP, and has that many words in its name lol. “SEL Premium R-Line BLACK” sounds like the most pimped our vehicle ever.

And it doesn’t have HIDs, the most individually distinguishing part of the exterior of a car, or premium sound. The word premium is in the name lol...

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T
Agreed. Beyond my comprehension that VW would offer a model without HIDs even OPTIONAL.

My friend just got a “2019 Tiguan SEL Premium R-Line BLACK” (yes that is the whole name of the car) and it doesn’t have upgraded stereo OR HIDs. Which, to me, is unforgivable when the car is over 40K MSRP, and has that many words in its name lol. “SEL Premium R-Line BLACK” sounds like the most pimped our vehicle ever.

And it doesn’t have HIDs, the most individually distinguishing part of the exterior of a car, or premium sound. The word premium is in the name lol...

I think you may be confused. The SEL Premium does not come in a Black variation. Only the SEL (non Premium) does. And no, the SEL (non Premium) does not have the HID's like the Premium does but the SEL R-Line Black is around $33-34k. Not $40k.
But I still agree with you. Even at $30k it should still come with something better than just halogens!

I really like the SEL R-Line Black but the fact that it did not have the HID's was a deal breaker.
We ended up with an Atlas anyway though...

PLF8593

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
19 Alltrack 6MT
I think you may be confused. The SEL Premium does not come in a Black variation. Only the SEL (non Premium) does. And no, the SEL (non Premium) does not have the HID's like the Premium does but the SEL R-Line Black is around $33-34k. Not $40k.
But I still agree with you. Even at $30k it should still come with something better than just halogens!

I really like the SEL R-Line Black but the fact that it did not have the HID's was a deal breaker.
We ended up with an Atlas anyway though...

Sounds like you know what you’re talking about.

Also, why the hell woudlnt they offer the most well-equipped Tig (SEL Premium) with the pimped out appearance package? People who want the nicest car with all the features typically want it to look cooler than the base model as well...

vbrad26

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
'15 CSG GTI 2DR M/T

Also, why the hell woudlnt they offer the most well-equipped Tig (SEL Premium) with the pimped out appearance package? People who want the nicest car with all the features typically want it to look cooler than the base model as well...

Only because I was looking at them with the wife not too long ago lol.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion

I know on the pre facelift Atlas, it was the same thing. You couldn't get the R line version in Premium trim and it had to do with the radar/ sensors for parking assist not being compatible with the altered bodywork

bitflogger

Car(s)
Golf Alltrack
So you said Alltracks are gone. That’s just not true. There are plenty new ones leftover on lots around America. I got a 19 SE manual (MSRP 34,500) for 25,500 before TTL with the 6 month deferment and 0% financing 6 years in April. This comes with the people’s warranty.

I'm in Upper Midwest USA and got an Alltrack a month ago. The selection is reduce now - about 1/4 to 1/3 - but they're still available. It looks like the incentives are available too.

Closer to topic, getting a VW was a surprise. We didn't really dislike others but the Alltrack was much nicer to drive than SUVs. We liked GTIs but I drive off road often and shuttle stuff for work. A month later I can say we made a good choice. GTI and Golf R are the other US VWs we like but Alltrack just fits what I do perfectly.