GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
255/30 is about a full inch smaller diameter than 255/35.
The correct size for our cars is 235/35/19, 255/30/19 is only 11.5mm[.45"] shorter.

krvnked

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5
The correct size for our cars is 235/35/19, 255/30/19 is only 11.5mm[.45"] shorter.
225 or 235 is the preffered size tire width for an 8 inch wheel .... I have an 8.5 inch wheel.

im not running staggered and I don't know why someone would run both sizes unless you want a staggered look. why you would do that on a front wheel drive car is beyond me, but every one is free do with their car as they please.

I guess this was the wrong place to ask this question.

PowerDemon

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Golf GTI, Camaro ZL1
225 or 235 is the preffered size tire width for an 8 inch wheel .... I have an 8.5 inch wheel.

im not running staggered and I don't know why someone would run both sizes unless you want a staggered look. why you would do that on a front wheel drive car is beyond me, but every one is free do with their car as they please.

Well the staggered setup is stock on the Audi RS3. I believe the reason they do it on the Audi is to make it oversteer a bit more easily and disguise the fact that it’s an under steering pig at the limit.

Brian_

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7.5 R

A wide 26" tire on a GTI/R will likely rub under cornering loads. That is why everyone is recommending smaller tires. There's a reason most people going wide run 255/35/18 (25") or 265/35/18 (25.3") and have additional camber. Go ahead and and try it though, be sure to post in the aggressive wheel fitment thread.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti

Since this was directed towards me… I run the larger 255/30 up front and my car rides and handles AMAZING. Not to mention it’s one of the best looking GTIs I’ve seen in person. So that’s why.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
$145 CAD each? I feel like buying a set for winters, and we don’t even get winter (except that one time.)

Mike79

Car(s)
2020 VW Golf GTI
https://www.canadawheels.ca/rtx-wheels/concorde-satin-black-w122950?currentselectedvehicle=176741

13 pounds per wheel??? If I go over a speed bump will the wheel bend or should I jump on these?
I couldn’t find anything to verify or deny the weight. Nor could I find anything solid about their durability. If they’re made of plastic, 13 pounds is very feasible. (I doubt that’s 13 kilograms either which would suggest it’s made out of iron.). If you buy them, please do report back!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I couldn’t find anything to verify or deny the weight. Nor could I find anything solid about their durability. If they’re made of plastic, 13 pounds is very feasible. (I doubt that’s 13 kilograms either which would suggest it’s made out of iron.). If you buy them, please do report back!

The factory wheels on most GTI's weigh about 13 kg, if not more, so not unlikely.