GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
These look incredible. Did you ever make the purchase?

Not yet, and they're no longer on sale on FI so maybe I will maybe I won't haha. Just a brand you don't hear much about on here so I wasn't sure if anyone could speak to the finish / structural integrity / etc.

Part of me does not want to pay that much for wheels but the smarter part of me knows you get what you pay for.

Will post an update if I pull the trigger

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Not yet, and they're no longer on sale on FI so maybe I will maybe I won't haha. Just a brand you don't hear much about on here so I wasn't sure if anyone could speak to the finish / structural integrity / etc.

Part of me does not want to pay that much for wheels but the smarter part of me knows you get what you pay for.

Will post an update if I pull the trigger
I hear you. What was the deal on FI if you don't mind me asking? Would need to be on sale for sure to be a legitimate contender for me. That said, in my opinion they are as good looking wheel as I have seen. Like you said, if there is any feedback/info on the quality and finish from anyone out there it would be awesome.
I have white too and agree, think that color would be perfect.

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
I hear you. What was the deal on FI if you don't mind me asking? Would need to be on sale for sure to be a legitimate contender for me. That said, in my opinion they are as good looking wheel as I have seen. Like you said, if there is any feedback/info on the quality and finish from anyone out there it would be awesome.
I have white too and agree, think that color would be perfect.

I think they were around 20% off. Instead of $1,700 a set they were $1,440 or something like that

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
I didn't see APR's wheels listed, and haven't found much via searching either. Any opinions on their quality? 18x8.5 @ 18.6lbs flow formed construction sounds pretty good.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
18 x 9 with 265's or go home. Lol

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
I didn't see APR's wheels listed, and haven't found much via searching either. Any opinions on their quality? 18x8.5 @ 18.6lbs flow formed construction sounds pretty good.
They got knocked for not being hubcentric, but they are good looking. The brushed forged ones are my fall back if the forged Apex are much more expensive.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
The APR wheels seem like a very solid package and the 18x9 wheels are definitely my backup if the Apex wheels fall through. I don’t love the look though....not sure what it is about it. I feel like I should like it but there’s just something off.

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
The APR wheels seem like a very solid package and the 18x9 wheels are definitely my backup if the Apex wheels fall through. I don’t love the look though....not sure what it is about it. I feel like I should like it but there’s just something off.
They're a little too organic looking. I like a little more traditional shape. But brush them and I just don't care, these are great.

EricsVdub

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE Exp pkg
They seem to compare pretty favorably specs wise to Neuspeed wheels, but I hardly see anything about them on the forum. I did see they use hub centric centering rings, but I've used those on many aftermarket wheels in the past without any issues. I mostly wanted to know if they were good quality flow formed wheels with strong barrels. Appearance of course is subjective, so maybe they just aren't most people's cup of tea? They were on sale for $225 a little while ago, and I was tempted to grab them at that price, but just didn't know enough about them.

D.Gage

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
17 Gti
Same. I feel like you need to get them in 19” for them to look right and I’m just not sure that’s the route I’d want to go.