GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
i'm running these. wrapped them in a 255/40/17 nitto nt05. 5mm spacers front and rear. i did cut the inside rear tire liner. on emd springs with 034 motorsports camber plates. thats about to change soon. i'll very likely be pulling the trigger on a set of ORT (open road tuning) coilovers. fitment is pretty straight forward. you will need the camber up front if you plan on running meatier tires.
No rubbing in the front with 35 offset?

Was looking at these. What do you guys think?
57.1 hub, good offset, decent weight

http://www.wheeltech360.com/ROTA-Wheel-Grid-17x9-5x11242mm-571mm-Hub_p_79.html

Last edited:

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I'm still in the "avoid ROTA at all costs" crowd, but I'm probably just biased/a hater.

If you have stock caster, a 9" wide ET 35 wheel is possible up front with -2 degree camber or better, you just can't run a wide tire.
IMG_20180207_223008_149 by Jon Collier, on Flickr

10mm spacers up front, btw. The rear is going to poke a bit with no spacers and normal-ish camber.

Last edited:

NoNpLuS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 golf R base
No rubbing in the front with 35 offset?

Was looking at these. What do you guys think?
57.1 hub, good offset, decent weight

http://www.wheeltech360.com/ROTA-Wheel-Grid-17x9-5x11242mm-571mm-Hub_p_79.html

i like the rota's.

mine are +45 with 5mm spacers front and rear. sorry i didn't specify. i absolutely love them for the $. i got my set barely used for pretty much nothing.
golf r .jpg
golf r 2.jpg
golf r 3.jpg

Last edited:

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Would be a decent option if they fit PP brakes

From the design which is a knockoff of te37, which were designed for motorsport I.e. Big brakes, I would think they have good brake clearance.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion

Drincc

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
I've got the Racingline R360s coming in the mail. 23.5 lbs doesn't seem too bad for a 19" wheel. But I did hear that the R Pretorias are a touch lighter due to flow forming?

Ezekiel81923

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Volkswagen GTI
Thoughts on Vorsteiner?

Been laboring over what summer wheels to run for months, feel like I'm close with the vorsteiner v-ff108 and they are only 19-20lbs. Weight has slowly become less of a concern as long as they're not bricks. I probably won't track the car so anything lighter than stock would be perfect.

They're flow formed so they should be strong enough to daily, especially on a 235/40 tire. But I feel like this is an oft overlooked wheel company and don't ever see them mentioned. They look agrressive and my personal thought is they would look sweet in carbon graphite on my pure white mk7.5 but I don't recall ever seeing them in person. On sale at FI to boot.

Screen Shot 2020-12-10 at 12.25.49 PM.png

Last edited:

HstephenG

Go Kart Champion
Thoughts on Vorsteiner?

Been laboring over what summer wheels to run for months, feel like I'm close with the vorsteiner v-ff108 and they are only 19-20lbs. Weight has slowly become less of a concern as long as they're not bricks. I probably won't track the car so anything lighter than stock would be perfect.

They're flow formed so they should be strong enough to daily, especially on a 235/40 tire. But I feel like this is an oft overlooked wheel company and don't ever see them mentioned. They look agrressive and my personal thought is they would look sweet in carbon graphite on my pure white mk7.5 but I don't recall ever seeing them in person. On sale at FI to boot.

View attachment 195763

These look incredible. Did you ever make the purchase?