GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

bentin

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
23 Golf R - 3 Pedals
What was the weight? Their forged wheels are usually a little heavy, so assuming their flow formed are a little pudgy. But those are certainly pretty.

Are those black or bronze?

Shmito_R

Go Kart Champion
What was the weight? Their forged wheels are usually a little heavy, so assuming their flow formed are a little pudgy. But those are certainly pretty.

Are those black or bronze?

It’s HRE’s IPA color, so pretty much a dark satin bronze. Tbh they did seem a little dark to me too at first but lighting in the house sucks and once I flashed some light on it, the color came out. Will probably pop a lot more in the sun.

Was hoping they were gonna come in at 19 some pounds but came out to a little over 20lbs

Attachments

• 6E866CB7-C473-493F-9D84-A92956DB25A0.jpeg
    6E866CB7-C473-493F-9D84-A92956DB25A0.jpeg
    69.1 KB · Views: 113

Drincc

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI
Currently debating between the Fast FC04 in 18x8 +40, or the Motegi MR146 SS05 in 18x8.5 +42. They're within 4mm of each other for poke, 1lb for weight, and the plan is to run 235/40/18 Firehawk Indy 500's. Intending to drop on H&R OE Sport springs in order to minimize rub, but that 4mm difference is leaning me towards the FC04s as there's currently little reference photos of the SS05's with PP brakes. This might be important in autocross applications unless the fender screw mod is a necessity.

Anyone have feedback on either wheel in a hard driving setting? I'm currently going through the thread backwards.

Will_

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI S DSG
Currently debating between the Fast FC04 in 18x8 +40, or the Motegi MR146 SS05 in 18x8.5 +42. They're within 4mm of each other for poke, 1lb for weight, and the plan is to run 235/40/18 Firehawk Indy 500's. Intending to drop on H&R OE Sport springs in order to minimize rub, but that 4mm difference is leaning me towards the FC04s as there's currently little reference photos of the SS05's with PP brakes. This might be important in autocross applications unless the fender screw mod is a necessity.

Anyone have feedback on either wheel in a hard driving setting? I'm currently going through the thread backwards.

Motegi’s should clear PP brakes, and if you are thinking about autocross/tracking it is always better to run a wider wheel.

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
I ended up buying another set of RSe16's in 17 x 8.5. For me, it was just the easy button. They're hub centric, fit over my BBK, and they're flow formed and lightish. Pretty inexpensive too. I've used Motegi's in the past and they were fine, but I just don't want to mess with spacers or hub rings anymore.