GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
Holy shit. Ok, nevermind then. Damn that's steep!

Faceman

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'17 GSW 4Mo
My neuspeed RSE12 also bent really easily even while being super careful of road conditions, it still happened. For higher than average priced flow formed wheels, I was disappointed.

I love the superspeed offerings. If you're able to get them, I highly recommend them. At their selling price, they can be replaced if damaged without it hitting the wallet as hard compared to neuspeeds at least.

View attachment 175394
I had the same issue with Neuspeed and OZ wheels, instead of having wheels repaired or throwing them away, I went with Audi OEM forged. It's not worth getting stranded or being inconvenienced due to sub-par wheels bending.

DarkArrow

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'18 R
Not sure why that'd be a problem. Youd just pay more for shipping if anything.

I used WheelWiz.ca

I was one of the last US customers WheelWiz was willing to ship at a reasonable rate of 130CAD. Had tons of issues with UPS. Extra brokerage fees, which included making up BS reasons why DOT required verifying wheels and checking that they met DOT regs (didn't care they're track wheels and I planned to use them for off road use only). They also added a "Trump tax" by which they increased the tax because the wheels were originally made in China. UPS also mislabelled the wheels as they passed through customs, so 1 of my wheels went to another customer in TX and I received one of his. It took over a month to get everything sorted, none of which was the fault of WheelWiz.

During this process, Robert at WheelWiz told me they would most likely follow suit of other wheel distributors and no longer ship to the US. I guess they decided to leave the option, but are charging for the potential headache it might cause them.

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
Winter setup (17x7.5, +42)
74B21A9C-0615-455C-B1CE-D7754FA69F84.jpeg

F2650193-E7F4-4917-BF26-112540B965FB.jpeg

Summer setup (18x8.5, +42, 235/40 G-Max RS)
51ED07ED-77F8-45E9-B953-AAEB3C890B8C.jpeg

74F2D2E4-711A-4FB3-A7B6-FF482D212DAB.jpeg

AAA16477-9E79-4C70-9DBC-F1E080C06306.jpeg

kornsined

Go Kart Newbie
Forgot to mention, my
winter setup was 37lbs per wheel with tire. These are 40lbs with wheel and tire.

chillax

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
Enkei Raijin 18X8 offset 45 vs 18X8.5 offset 42. Which would you go with and why? Will the 8.5 wide wheels handle worse?

Last edited:

akimmel

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 GTI AB 6MT
tyre-stick-out-gauge-2.jpg

it will be the difference between slightly pansy and slightly cheeky, depending on what tires you go with, in the front at least. I just got 18x8.5s +45 and the outer rim is pretty much in line with the fender, however the rim protector on the tire pokes out a bit by like a quarter inch (PS4S 225/40). Also I believe if you lower your car (mine is stock height) there will be less poke due to the wheels cambering in.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
I just had my Fast FC04s installed today. One of numerous clones of these wheels.

Dropped ~10 lbs per corner with these 18.9 lbs wheels, and removing the spacers that I had on previously.

Was very pleasantly surprised at how much more nimble the car immediately felt!

Wow, 10 lbs?! That's amazing! What wheels and tires did you have on before?

I only got 3 lbs savings per corner from my 18" FC04s & 235 PS4S (42 lb) vs my Austins & 225 factory Bridgestones (45 lb). The PS4S are slightly wider and the Bridgestones were worn, but I wouldn't think that would add up to 7 lbs.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Yep, I think it’s new within the past year.

For the FC04, I see you got black. Are they available with 57.1cb? I think only the silver version is.
Maybe this was answered. I wasn't getting alerts for this thread.

I don't believe that any of the FC04s are 57.1cb.

nype

Drag Racing Champion

I only got 3 lbs savings per corner from my 18" FC04s & 235 PS4S (42 lb) vs my Austins & 225 factory Bridgestones (45 lb). The PS4S are slightly wider and the Bridgestones were worn, but I wouldn't think that would add up to 7 lbs.

Well I had OEM VW Goals on there before, which are said to be 22.9 lbs, although I haven't weighed them. So there's 4 lbs there. Plus I removed 15/20mm ECS spacers, which I believe are made of lead. :) Things are heavy...

I swapped over my Michelin PS A/S3+ (225s) as they're only ~20% worn. This is one reason why I went with the FC04s (225 tires on these 8" wide wheels).