GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LIGHTWEIGHT Wheels

El_bigote_AJ

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI bunny
dang, super lite!

O.Z. website lists the 17x8 5x100 even lighter at 15.4lbs!

i just ordered some konig flowforms last week and those are showing on their site for the 17x8 at 17.4 lbs... of course I like my car stuck in this battle between show and go so the sizing i went with (18x9.5) is listed at 20.6lbs. lol.

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
dang, super lite!

O.Z. website lists the 17x8 5x100 even lighter at 15.4lbs!

i just ordered some konig flowforms last week and those are showing on their site for the 17x8 at 17.4 lbs... of course I like my car stuck in this battle between show and go so the sizing i went with (18x9.5) is listed at 20.6lbs. lol.
I was fairly certain they dont offer that size in a 5x112. Can you double check that?

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
You are correct, they only have them in 8.5” with a conservative offset...
I really wanted them too what a bummer. Theres no wheels I like with an agressive offset. I really want a nice 18x9 et 35 or 18x 9.5 38. I like rse10 style wheels but I'm afraid of all the bent neuspeed wheels I been hearing about

Robsvictims

Car(s)
GTI
I really wanted them too what a bummer. Theres no wheels I like with an agressive offset. I really want a nice 18x9 et 35 or 18x 9.5 38. I like rse10 style wheels but I'm afraid of all the bent neuspeed wheels I been hearing about
I had the rse10 wheels for 3 plus years and never bent them. So hopefully you can have the same luck!

GTIfan99

Autocross Champion
After having them on a couple of days now I can say the color of the bronze changes with the light. In shade, they look much darker but brighten up in light conditions (sounds stupid when I write this but its true). Love them and the bronze color isn't so "in your face".

I have 2 sets of RSE16's in the same color, I kind of wish they looked darker the time, but as you said, it isn't an in your face color, so I'll live.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
9 +35 is the same fitment as the stock wheels with 33mm spacers all around.

9.5 +38 = 36mm spacers all around.

Not sure why you’d want to run that wide...

ChrisMk77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 GTI Performance
Enkei RPF1 comes in 18x9 et35

https://www.fitmentindustries.com/w...gen-golf-r-enkei-rpf1-eibach-lowering-springs

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/w...swagen-golf-r-enkei-rpf1-vwr-lowering-springs

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
9 +35 is the same fitment as the stock wheels with 33mm spacers all around.

9.5 +38 = 36mm spacers all around.

Not sure why you’d want to run that wide...
I need that wide because I'm running negative 3 degrees camber up front and about negative 2.3 in the rear and I drive an audi A3 so the fenders have more clearance than mk7s

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
I really wanted them but I couldn't get the girls approval on them lol she thinks the rse10s look better but rse10 only comes in 18x9 et 40 so I guess I could just run some small spacers. I want to avoid spacers if possible since I'm running 15mm spacers to clear my brakes and I hate putting the wheels on and off with spacers on

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I need that wide because I'm running negative 3 degrees camber up front and about negative 2.3 in the rear and I drive an audi A3 so the fenders have more clearance than mk7s
What did you do to get to -3? If you cut up the strut mounts to get there i can see why you'd have the fitment issue. At -2.3 I have zero room to the inner fender wall anymore, and I have to get more out of the LCA. You track your car, right? With that low of an offset you may experience faster wear on the moving bits around the hub and bushings.

Drincc

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2019 GTI

I'm guessing the +45 will make contact with inner stuff on our cars, maybe even caliper clearance issues? You only get that face on 9" wide and up. I've always liked these wheels, but at the same time would prefer to avoid needing to run additional camber settings as the police in my city crack down unusually hard on anything that has a hint of excess camber, even if it's just 2 degrees.

Last edited:

victorofhavoc

Autocross Champion
I'm guessing the +45 will make contact with inner stuff on our cars, maybe even caliper clearance issues? You only get that face on 9" wide and up. I've always liked these wheels, but at the same time would prefer to avoid needing to run additional camber settings as the police in my city crack down unusually hard on anything that has a hint of excess camber, even if it's just 2 degrees.
What? Why would police care about your alignment spec? Sure it's a safety thing on the street, but that's a dot thing, not a police thing.

Or are you just not wanting to draw attention because of other illegal activity?

Edit: I run a 17x9+45 up front and there's no issue with wheel contact or scrubbing, even with the -2.3 camber. Any more camber at the strut mount and it would be an issue with strut-sway mount point making contact with fender wall.