GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lightning Package light replacement??

MKRR07

I'm new to the VW scene but loving it so far. I own a 2015 GTI S with lightning package. Passenger side headlight is out so I'm looking to replace. I just want to replace with the factory bulb until I'm deeper into this and know exactly what I want to do. When you google it all I can find is conversion kits. Can anyone help me out with this?

The lighting package includes Bi-Xenon HID's right?

I found these one ebay. Too good to be true? Worth a shot?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

morgan

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Mk7.5 GTI
I recently got a 16 GTI with PP. I also want to know what bulbs to use so I can change to a whiter color, 5000K maybe? Thanks for raising the question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

adam1991

Banned
"fits the car"

"replaces the factory bulb"

warning warning warning warning Will Robinson. Danger danger danger.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Cheap Chinese stuff exists because people so badly WANT to believe.

The Phillips bulb is $80 from DAP. The VW factory piece is $139 ($178 retail from the dealer). Given that big corp automakers always slap their huge profit on parts like this, the truth is probably much closer to $80. The "Genuine VW/Audi" label gives the warm fuzzies to many people.

Sixteen bucks....roll those dice, but be prepared for the outcomes.

oddspyke

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 GTI, 2018 ZL1
I'm with adam on this one. In theory, any D3S bulb should fit the lighting package for 2015-2017 cars, but I would stick to big name brands (Phillips, Bosch, etc.) or OEM. Did you Amazon search it yet?

Amazon Bosch D3S

seanmcd1

Autocross Newbie
Do not buy those for your car, unless you have zero concern for your safety.

nype

Drag Racing Champion
Osram CBI (Clear Blue Intense)

Very popular and whiter choice for replacement bulbs. Have a search

MKRR07

"fits the car"

"replaces the factory bulb"

warning warning warning warning Will Robinson. Danger danger danger.

If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is. Cheap Chinese stuff exists because people so badly WANT to believe.

The Phillips bulb is $80 from DAP. The VW factory piece is $139 ($178 retail from the dealer). Given that big corp automakers always slap their huge profit on parts like this, the truth is probably much closer to $80. The "Genuine VW/Audi" label gives the warm fuzzies to many people.

Sixteen bucks....roll those dice, but be prepared for the outcomes.
Thanks for the advice. Also great reference haha

MKRR07

I'm looking more for a link or part number or something for a replacement. I don't want it to be obvious that one side is a completely different bulb if possible. Or just some options at least. thanks for all of the help

nype

Drag Racing Champion
I'm looking more for a link or part number or something for a replacement. I don't want it to be obvious that one side is a completely different bulb if possible. Or just some options at least. thanks for all of the help

Post 6 above. Amazon. Done