GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Light/Rain sensor retrofit

GolfMNE

Ready to race!
working well... it was just the missing wire :)
(p.s. leaving home work fine but, so far, coming home don't work, if someone have any idea?)

Try flashing high beams after turning off the ignition. If it works, you could also change it with vcds to activate when you open the door

DV52

Drag Racing Champion
It is not working, i try different ways but nothing :(
could someone send me his full module 9 coding ?

MadMat: I suspect that the answer to your problem is in the settings in your adaptation channels, rather than in the coding-string. I've developed a spread-sheet containing a full suite of adaptation maps for the control module at address Hex09 (i.e. BCM) from a number of mk7s from around the world. The spread-sheet is arranged so that it compares the settings between these various cars . You can download the spread-sheet HERE.

Unfortunately, all my translations in the spread-sheet are in English (not French) - my apology. However, from the stuff that you have written on this forum, it is clear that your command of the English language is very good, so hopefully you will understand my translations. Please ask if there are any questions

Don
PS: I suggest that you download the spread-sheet and view it on your PC/laptop because Dropbox doesn't appear to be able to manage my formatting
PPS: As a "quid-pro-quo" for access to the spread-sheet, do you have an admap of the BCM from your car that I can include in the document? I don't have a mk7 in the spread-sheet from France!
PPPS: If you still want to check your coding values, you can download a full set of long-coding screens for my BCM HERE (my car has CH/LH operating successfully).

Last edited:

grr

Great thread/DIY!

I have a couple of questions as I am looking to retrofit rain sensor in my e-Golf:

Wind shield: I have seen someone mention that there are different wind shields for rain sensors and not. Someone even grinded away that black stuff to make this work. I have attached a picture of mine (it's a heated wind shield). Anyone able to see if it is ready for a rain sensor?

Wiper stalk: As far as I have seen on other VWs, the wiper stalk seems to be the same with or without rain sensor, so guessing it does not need to be changed?

Auto lights: Where I live we are required to have driving lights even in day light, and cars here are often coded differently than in other countries. Even in 0 position lights are on, and I never switch it to anything else, even to use high beam. Does the auto function only turn on and off the lights depending on outside light, or does it also mean auto high/low? Is it required to retrofit the auto lights switch for the rain sensor function or can I just replace the humidity sensor with the rain sensor version, code and be done?

GolfMNE

Ready to race!
Great thread/DIY!

I have a couple of questions as I am looking to retrofit rain sensor in my e-Golf:

Wind shield: I have seen someone mention that there are different wind shields for rain sensors and not. Someone even grinded away that black stuff to make this work. I have attached a picture of mine (it's a heated wind shield). Anyone able to see if it is ready for a rain sensor?

Wiper stalk: As far as I have seen on other VWs, the wiper stalk seems to be the same with or without rain sensor, so guessing it does not need to be changed?

Auto lights: Where I live we are required to have driving lights even in day light, and cars here are often coded differently than in other countries. Even in 0 position lights are on, and I never switch it to anything else, even to use high beam. Does the auto function only turn on and off the lights depending on outside light, or does it also mean auto high/low? Is it required to retrofit the auto lights switch for the rain sensor function or can I just replace the humidity sensor with the rain sensor version, code and be done?

Windshield: I cant see your attached picture. You can't simply "grind" it

Wiper stalk: It's the same

Auto lights: You can disable them, and only use auto wipers if that's what you want

grr

Windshield: I cant see your attached picture. You can't simply "grind" it

Wiper stalk: It's the same

Auto lights: You can disable them, and only use auto wipers if that's what you want
Crap. I failed! Trying again.

Also, how do you remove the plastic cover over the sensor?

PS: This guy actually grind/polish away the black stuff on the wind shield before mounting the sensor, but hopefully that is not necessary on my car: http://www.myturbodiesel.com/wiki/rain-light-sensor-retrofit-and-installation-vw-diy/

Attachments

• windshield.jpg
    windshield.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 1,923

grr

in reply to myself, it seems to be N 907 647 01 terminal connector on both ends (BCM and light switch), i order online (first connector on http://www.bold-sport.com/store/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=71)....

Apparantly I am missing the same wire on my e-Golf. Was item 1 on that link the correct connector?

What is a good discovery though, is that it seems it is actually not necessary to have the auto lights switch for the rain sensor to work (I had the opposite impression by this thread). The important part for me is the rain sensor, as the light switch are always in on position where I live anyway (driving lights 24/7 required by law), and the rain sensor function is working with just the sensor and coding. I refitted the old light switch and removed auto lights coding.

Since I already acquired the auto lights switch I will however try to fit the extra wire and get it working. Auto function will then save me a few Wh by turning of the LED headlights and LED tail lights during day light, and just keep the LED C's in the bumper always on, as they are approved for day light driving lights.

BucsiB

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi,

I am going to change the HS to RLHS sensor on my mk7.

Is it easy to remove the sensor from the windshield?
How about replace the new one?

Do I need an adhesive paste or anything?

BTW I have a crack on the windshield, so I need to change it. Do you think I should ask the guys at the workshop to change for me onece they have to place a sensor on the new windshield anyway?

Thanks for the advice.

GolfMNE

Ready to race!
Hi,

I am going to change the HS to RLHS sensor on my mk7.

Is it easy to remove the sensor from the windshield?
How about replace the new one?

Do I need an adhesive paste or anything?

BTW I have a crack on the windshield, so I need to change it. Do you think I should ask the guys at the workshop to change for me onece they have to place a sensor on the new windshield anyway?

Thanks for the advice.

Sonsor is held on clips, easy to remove. The new one should come with adhesive gel fitted, so you just place it. I did have to clean the windshield mount to remove resedue from old sensor.
If you are replacing the windshield, I would wait for now and fit it on new glass when it's done. Glue gel will probably get damaged when removing the sensor and you will need new one to refit sensor properly.

BucsiB

Passed Driver's Ed
Thx,

I received the sensor.
I disconnected the existing sensor and connected the new one and just leaved it hanging on the wire.

I didn't spend to much time on it but the rain sensor is working fine.

What if I leave the existing non auto light switch and just add the missig wire to the connector to make connection with the bcm.

The auto switch is a must to get CH/LH?

BucsiB

Passed Driver's Ed
Guys, do you know what is the different between LIN or Discrete settings of the light sensor?

(cracked windshield changed, new rain sensor works fine, waiting for the light switch and hoping the lack of front fog light will not makes any issue...)