GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leyo DSG shifter knob

manapuaman

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI DSG
Anyone got this and have any comments about them? I don't think the pull up knob on BFI or Raseng appeal to me and was thinking to try the Leyo one that is similar the the STI I drove.

manapuaman

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI DSG
I just couldn’t stand that the leather wore out and got real sticky to the touch. It’s not like I rest my hands on the sides at all too. The Leyo one only gets hot when I forget to put my windshield sunscreen up. But yeah took some getting used to.

ReadTheBook

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
DVP Spektrm, MK4 R32
I just couldn’t stand that the leather wore out and got real sticky to the touch. It’s not like I rest my hands on the sides at all too. The Leyo one only gets hot when I forget to put my windshield sunscreen up. But yeah took some getting used to.

Weird. I’ve now got my 3rd and 4th MK7s. The first one we had 5.5 years and just got rid of for the 4th one, the second one we only had a year, and the 3rd I’ve had 3.5 years and I haven’t had that happen here in CA. Maybe something with that Honolulu environment?

manapuaman

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI DSG
Something. But the leather steering wheel that I have is like new.
Does someone want the original shift knob?

Last edited:

manapuaman

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI DSG
Just a small amount by the bulge of the zip tie.
81B472ED-B405-46B3-93A4-09899C61BFB7.jpeg
EDCBAE54-405F-4D75-AF7C-099F2DAC072F.jpeg
1FBFB95F-FDC5-4839-BF90-217DAB20EF49.jpeg
F46D8E2A-9CC7-4754-BFAA-95A1E5D8FCDC.jpeg

manapuaman

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI DSG
Do you know if the threading on the knob is like a standard size? Could I replace the Leyo knob with like a BFI or other knob? I know the Raceseng adapter is apparently non-standard size
I am not sure but the shifter is starting to come loose. I have to figure how how to make it firmer.

manapuaman

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2017 VW GTI DSG
I haven’t taken a good look at it yet but the knob won’t pull off but it does rock back and forth and side to side. I hope it is as easy as loose screws. Thanks for the lock tite advice. I was wondering if it safe.

SouthFL_Mk7.5

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 GTI S
I haven’t taken a good look at it yet but the knob won’t pull off but it does rock back and forth and side to side. I hope it is as easy as loose screws. Thanks for the lock tite advice. I was wondering if it safe.
Sounds like it’s the set screws on the adapter have come loose. Yes. Re align, Tighten and loctite should do the trick!

slipperywhenwet

Go Kart Newbie
I had this issue with my BFI knob, and then again with my Leyo. I also didn't like having to crank those scrub screws down as tight as was needed to completely remove the wiggle. I ended up putting a tight wrap of electrical tape on the shift post, and then applying blue loctite on the scrub screws and tightening them down. It has been 2 years and so far no wiggle.