GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Let's talk LPFP (fuel pumps) please

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
my car made 460whp on Ed dyno at EQT (whose dyno reads a bit high) with nothing but an HPFP on E50 fuel and is38x turbo

my car was right on the edge of running out of fuel.

Looking to add a few more mods that may pickup 15-20whp (at most) so thinking about doing LPFP upgrade at the same time so have plenty of fuel. I also imagine that running the oem vw fuel pump at max will shorten it's life too.

1. does anyone in here have 30k+ miles on an aftermarket low pressure fuel pump without any controller? I am only interested in putting in upgrade LPFP if can get OEM level reliability since the MK7 is my only car and use it to drive my family around. I don't mind paying more for quality/reliability.

2. I assume one of these "stage 2" lower level walbro 305 fuel pump setups is the consensus recommendation that are reliable without a controller?
http://www.precisionraceworks.com/mk7/mqb-audi/vw-performance-fuel-pumps.aspx

3. anything else you recommend or that I should know?

Thanks!

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
thanks Diggs

I didn't realize could just use a larger pump and then if not flowing max then doesn't hurt the ECU .

did you go with a controller on your car with your 450 LPFP?

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
my car made 460whp on Ed dyno at EQT (whose dyno reads a bit high) with nothing but an HPFP on E50 fuel and is38x turbo

my car was right on the edge of running out of fuel.

Looking to add a few more mods that may pickup 15-20whp (at most) so thinking about doing LPFP upgrade at the same time so have plenty of fuel. I also imagine that running the oem vw fuel pump at max will shorten it's life too.

1. does anyone in here have 30k+ miles on an aftermarket low pressure fuel pump without any controller? I am only interested in putting in upgrade LPFP if can get OEM level reliability since the MK7 is my only car and use it to drive my family around. I don't mind paying more for quality/reliability.

2. I assume one of these "stage 2" lower level walbro 305 fuel pump setups is the consensus recommendation that are reliable without a controller?
http://www.precisionraceworks.com/mk7/mqb-audi/vw-performance-fuel-pumps.aspx

3. anything else you recommend or that I should know?

Thanks!
Just pm'd you a deal

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
I ran the PR 450 pump for almost a year before it failed. Switching to the Pag Parts 525 pump.

huh

that's a bummer and not encouraging, was this just a freak pump failure in your opinion? do you know why it failed? or are other people seeing their PR 450 pumps failing that quickly?

were you running and upgraded controller or just only the pump swap?

last thing I need to deal with is my fuel pump dying when I drop my kid off at school or whatever

JerseyDrew77

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2016 TR GTI S 6MT
huh

that's a bummer and not encouraging, was this just a freak pump failure in your opinion? do you know why it failed? or are other people seeing their PR 450 pumps failing that quickly?

were you running and upgraded controller or just only the pump swap?

last thing I need to deal with is my fuel pump dying when I drop my kid off at school or whatever

Ran it on the stock controller for a little bit before upgrading to a PM4. I believe what caused it to fail is how it is installed in the stock basket. It's basically squished in there and so most likely got burnt out.

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
I wouldn’t do a PR kit again. I’m told of an alternative that’s OEM that should be decent.

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
I wouldn’t do a PR kit again. I’m told of an alternative that’s OEM that should be decent.

thanks

what didn't you like about the PR kit that would keep you from doing it again?

what is you recommendation on an alternate setup?

I hate how aftermarket fuel systems seem to consistently have problems on most platforms...

Last edited: