GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Let's Talk about Window Tint

ShadyR6

Car(s)
2018 GTI
I am in San Diego. So heat and uv protection is the most important I’m also getting the windshield 70% or 90% done at that price . IMHO I noticed a huge improvement with the windshield done on my old gti. Well worth it.

also I like the look of a lighter tint and more factory look.
I went with 50% on the front windshield and I’m glad I did. You can’t even tell it is tinted.

Lcavalletti

Passed Driver's Ed
I went with 70 on the front windshield, and 50 all around. Im not sure how you cant see the 50 on the windshield. To me the 50 looks obviously tinted, to me.

I will post pics when its done today, I hope my defroster on the rear window still works, they said when they remove the old tint, it might break the wire. That would be a bummer.

They are also doing the front corner windows to my surprise, my last golf they would not do those, so hopefully they come out nice.

chillax

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I am in San Diego. So heat and uv protection is the most important I’m also getting the windshield 70% or 90% done at that price . IMHO I noticed a huge improvement with the windshield done on my old gti. Well worth it.

I always worry about bubbles and imperfections on the front windshield. I guess it shouldn't be a problem with a reputable shop.

They are also doing the front corner windows to my surprise, my last golf they would not do those, so hopefully they come out nice.
I think the corner windows are pretty easy to do with a special tool most shops can make themselves, at least that is what I was told when I had my last Golf tinted.

chillax

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
I just got 50% 3m Crystalline tint on my 4 door. It's worth the money. You don't have to look like a gangster to reject a lot of heat.
A lot of people love the blacked out look but I think it looks pretty silly sometimes. I dunno why but I feel like it would look especially bad on my DPB GTI.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
In AZ the unmarked cop cars are using limo tint whatever percentage that is. Really unfair because I've read a lot of stories in the newspaper where they made a drug bust after picking someone up for illegal tint.

chillax

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
18 GTI SE plaid
In AZ the unmarked cop cars are using limo tint whatever percentage that is. Really unfair because I've read a lot of stories in the newspaper where they made a drug bust after picking someone up for illegal tint.
I think that is 5%. I don't know how they see a thing at night.

DiscusInferno

Go Kart Newbie

If you want a factory look of European cars, 35% on the rears only, since privacy glass is available in Europe.

Lcavalletti

Passed Driver's Ed
The 50 was the way to go. I’m not a fan of any blacked out look. The 50 looks euro factory. Really happy with the work too not one bubble or blemish. Windshield with the 70 is just right. And no distorted view. I’m really happy with the work fro the guys I used.

Attachments

Desslok

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2019 Rabbit
That 50% looks good. Mine has 3M tint. 35% on doors and 20% on hatch. None on windshield.

20200525_152018.jpg

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
If you live in a hot place. Get the windshield. Makes a huge difference and at night I’m guessing less eye fatigue
I rode in a friend of mines car and he had the windshield tinted and there's no way I would drive it at night. I don't know what percentage tint it was but I couldn't tell it was tinted until it got dark.