GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Let's see how long my stock motor puts up with this nonsense...

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
Taking bets :D

-- Ed

Attachments

• vortex xl dyno ed e85.jpg
    vortex xl dyno ed e85.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 1,876

daconchslop

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
ACS SE/Tech
Good lord. MPI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

billbadass

Drag Racing Champion
SO EPIC.

I bet this lasts awhile actually. I remember back in the day everyone said the max power stock ls3/ls2 rods would take was 550-600whp and I knew a guy pushing >700whp on pump gas/methanol and another guy making 875whp on E85 on stock bottom ends and both cars lasted for years of merciless beatings doing runway racings and highway pulls etc.

once the motor has proven it was built well at the factory and you have a jedi ninja yoda tuner on E85 or good fuel, as long as torque is brought on in the upper rpm I have personally been surprised repeatedly on how much power stock bottom ends can take

E85 ftw

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
I'm saying a rod is giving up it's life sometime in the 3rd quarter of your next track day.

Now if you agree with assessments that your dyno is somewhere between 3-30% higher than a Mustang dyno, you're right around that magic 450wtq everyone talks about and you're fine. :)

Ed @ EQT

GOLFMK7 Official Sponsor
Car(s)
MK8 Golf R
I'm saying a rod is giving up it's life sometime in the 3rd quarter of your next track day.

Now if you agree with assessments that your dyno is somewhere between 3-30% higher than a Mustang dyno, you're right around that magic 450wtq everyone talks about and you're fine. :)

Depends highly on what mustang dyno. Only a few real low reading units left in the country. Those are about 15% lower than mine. But it seemed like the 450 number was from dynojet?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Depends highly on what mustang dyno. Only a few real low reading units left in the country. Those are about 15% lower than mine. But it seemed like the 450 number was from dynojet?

I think you're right, as far as the "as long as torque is kept below" number, 420-450wtq was probably a dynojet number.

In that case, I'm moving my bet up to 2nd quarter, before lunch. :D