GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Left side Cubby hole issue

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
So I just installed a p3 VIDI (my second one, love it). This time around, I have my OBD port being utilized by my Armytrix valved exhaust. So p3 conveniently had a low profile obd splitter to accommodate both the exhaust and the VIDI, and everything fit nice and tight….until I clipped the cubby back in and tried to close it. Clearly no room with the extra adapter. The only immediate solution I can come up with is taking a hack saw and just sawing off the “cubby” portion so the door will close and allow room for the extra wiring.

Would there happen to be just a panel version of this piece without the cubby??

Any insight appreciated. I otherwise, everything’s working great!

CE99A1EA-24E0-485E-AE7C-F052EE7D198C.jpeg

reverend_sean

Go Kart Champion
Is it just the wire bundle that is stopping it from closing? If so, maybe just notch out a hole in the top rear of cubby for the wires?

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
^no actually the wires shown are fine and actually fit if the cubby closes. I guess I shouldn’t took a picture of what’s behind the cubby which is the whole obd splitter and more wires. I’ve tried real estating everything in every way possible but there’s just plainly no room

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Have you tried popping off the panel on the side of the dash? If you take a trim tool or a screwdriver you can pop it off pretty easily and that'll give you a little more room to tuck stuff away in.

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Do you mean this panel? Removing this won’t add any room unless you meant another View attachment 255790
That's exactly the panel - it doesn't add any space, but it allows you to adjust stuff a bit better. I had to tuck a lot of wire from a ethanol sensor and i was able to tuck it higher up when I removed that panel.

bayarea7

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
'15 RSM 2 door S 6M
Oh I see what you’re saying. Problem is the p3 VIDI control box is up there, and the wire coming from my valved exhaust is already tight coming from the bay so won’t extend further up. I’ll play abit more with it today thanks for the suggestion.

I think really my solution is to slice this cubby portion off and effectively turning this into a flat panel instead of it being a cubby lol

manu97

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R
Oh I see what you’re saying. Problem is the p3 VIDI control box is up there, and the wire coming from my valved exhaust is already tight coming from the bay so won’t extend further up. I’ll play abit more with it today thanks for the suggestion.

I think really my solution is to slice this cubby portion off and effectively turning this into a flat panel instead of it being a cubby lol
Ah damn, didn't realize it was that tight on the wire side. That does sound like it might be your only solution then.