GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Left Lane Campers

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
nope. Our shop is in an industrial park, there was an attempted takeover, we called the cops, they sent one little baby cop. He told us they can't chase people. like, if he sees you punch a lady in the face, he cannot pursue you if you don't stop when he says stop. That's how it was explained to us. I'm not saying to speed or be an asshole, just saying, around here, stopping kinda became optional.
Sounds like where you are is a good place to do your street logging and Dragy runs.

The Dude

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
MK7 GTI S
Sounds like where you are is a good place to do your street logging and Dragy runs.
well, not around here. lots of curbing, tree lined center dividers, etc to occlude your vision, cast shadows to keep sections of road wet, places for people to duck out of on foot or in their car. Gross. But the highway onramp has to be a half mile long, and it's protected on both sides.

jimlloyd40

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2018 SE DSG
well, not around here. lots of curbing, tree lined center dividers, etc to occlude your vision, cast shadows to keep sections of road wet, places for people to duck out of on foot or in their car. Gross. But the highway onramp has to be a half mile long, and it's protected on both sides.
I wasn't talking about residential areas.

GenX Retread

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2021 GTI Autobahn
My daily commute is 300Km round trip, freeway and highway. This thread describes my life.

I call drivers parked in the left lane 'pylons' or 'NPCs'. The most common of these degenerates are suburban boomers in Subaru Outbacks. I have a finely tuned technique based on faster driver's universal hatred of these people.

The WORST, are the "professional" B-train drivers who decide that they need to pass one of their highly skilled colleagues, so they pull into the left lane going up a hill, 10 under the posted limit, regardless of what's approaching immediately in their left mirror, then prove they haven't the operator's skill required to make their road train express go any faster. Minutes and Kms later they're finally able to eke out the win and get back over, most of the time. Once in a while they actually drop back into their prior position.

Bad enough when they do this on prairie four lane highways, but the real champs do it in the rare passing lanes on two lanes in the mountains in AB and BC.