GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED reading light part number help

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
Hey everyone.

I want to retrofit the LED map reading lights, some guy on here told me it's plug and play (I currently have halogen).

My car has sunroof, so I looked on ETKA and first there are two options:
1605026580033.png

Since my car is 2016, I chose the second one and found 5TA 947 106 A as the applicable P/N for me:

1605026622142.png

1605026639206.png

However, this P/N is very hard to find, especially with my roof color. So I went to the first option (cars before 2015), and found this:

1605026751294.png

1605026777307.png

For some reason, this P/N has difference between LHD/RHD vehicles (the same P/N with 5G1 is for NAR vehicles). I wonder why...

The P/N before 2015 is much more available and cheaper.

Is there a reason why VW would change that? I mean, they look pretty similar. Should I use it or keep looking for the applicable one?

Thanks.

rowdyzombie

Go Kart Newbie
I bought the whole interior kit from usp when I got my 2018. It was good price n looks way better than halogen. I never seen the Oem led so to me the usp led kit is ok.

Last edited:

Fraysa

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2016 MK7 1.4TSI
I bought the whole interior kit from usp when I got my 2018. It was good price n looks way better than halogen. I never seen the Oem led so to me the usp led kit is ok.

OEM LEDs are always nicer. I once saw an interview at Audi, they have a whole division of 10 people just for smells. Their job is to make sure that your brand new Audi always smells nice.

I'm sure VW has something similar for LEDs. OEM LEDs are always much more nicer, smoother, match the car best and they last years.

Rollback50k

Yeshhhhhhhhh
Sorry I don’t have the answer you’re looking for but my car has LED map lights already. Did they not all come with them?