GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Plus and dynamic tails

Anothergenius

Hey guys,

i'm new in the volkswagen scene, i have now for almost 1 year a golf 7.5 from 2018.

I love the car and got almost everything i need on the car. The only thing i miss are the full led headlights, and the dynamic tails.

The thing is that i configurate my car at VW dealer self, and i selected the R line package, but the wait period was 8 months. I didn't want to wait that long, so I had taken a car from stock the higline package but without R line.

Now comes it, i burned my self not knowing that it was a pain in the ass to put the LED plus headlights in. At VW they say it's not possible for my car, also with the dynamic tails i is not possible they say. I prefer everything OEM but if it's not possible those sets they sell al Alixpress is it a good alternative?

Thanks in advance,

ZERO815

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 GTI SE DSG
There’s a VW tail light retrofit kit available at the dealer ship. The part number is 5G1052200C. It comes with wiring. You have to rearrange a couple wires at the BCM and the tails, and run one wire from the dashboard to the tails. After the hardware install is done the dealer needs to perform the software change.

IMO an adapter harness with VW lights is the easiest solution, and you can code via VCDS or OBDeleven yourself.

Anothergenius

I got both the headlights and taillights (dynamic turn signals) replica's from Ed at BEC Autparts. By far the best replica's you can get and not that expensive like OEM.

https://www.becautoparts.com

Thanks for the link, there are no warning popping up on the dash?
I'm gonna contact them for international shipping.

There’s a VW tail light retrofit kit available at the dealer ship. The part number is 5G1052200C. It comes with wiring. You have to rearrange a couple wires at the BCM and the tails, and run one wire from the dashboard to the tails. After the hardware install is done the dealer needs to perform the software change.

IMO an adapter harness with VW lights is the easiest solution, and you can code via VCDS or OBDeleven yourself.

I've seen the part number on the website from VW, but they say the kit doesn't fit my car. Normally it is no problem i do it myself but for warranty purposes i'm a little afraid to do something on the car.

I have these tails now.

Thanks for your help!

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie
Oke, thanks for your answer!

EDIT: What type of bulb goes into these headlights?

Those reps from Ed take HID bulbs. You can supply your own or for $100 USD, he includes a set with ballasts.

As for tail lights, the OE factory dynamic ones do fit your car. Many people have installed them on both the Mk7 and Mk7.5.

Even if you buy Ed's replica dynamic tails, you will still need to buy an adapter harness and coding to get full dynamic turn signal function and also because the reps have Mk7 plugs that are different than your Mk7.5

For just a little more money than the rep tails + harness, you can buy the OE factory dynamic tails from E-Acca, and get your harness from ZERO815, who will help you with your coding needs also. Or buy the reps and get the harness from ZERO if you think you will need help with the coding at all as most other harness suppliers provide only rudimentary coding instructions at best.

Anothergenius

The HID is an option, but i prefer LED's instead.

For the taillights i don't want to mess with the wiring, for warranty purposes.
But on the other side my VW dealer refuses to install them because it's not possible they say.

The weird thing is, when i go on the official VW shop website and put in my license plate does it say that they fit and I can schedule an appointment.

I think the best is to make an appointment online and see what they say when i arrive at the dealership. This is my last hope other wise i need to do it my self instead.

At the dealership is also cheaper than buy the OE tails online with harnesses and shipping costs to The Netherlands.

Thanks for the help guys!

Anothergenius

Just received an email back from Ed at BEC autoparts, unfortunately it is not possible to send to Europe because the headlights do not have a CE mark. So I think it's going to be Ali for the headlights then!

TrueGTI

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the link, there are no warning popping up on the dash?
I'm gonna contact them for international shipping.

I've seen the part number on the website from VW, but they say the kit doesn't fit my car. Normally it is no problem i do it myself but for warranty purposes i'm a little afraid to do something on the car.

I have these tails now.

Thanks for your help!

which tail lights are those? Those are exactly the kind I want to get. I do not like the other style leds with the numerous bulbs. Are they also dynamic? thanks in advance

Sparklebeard

which tail lights are those? Those are exactly the kind I want to get. I do not like the other style leds with the numerous bulbs. Are they also dynamic? thanks in advance

Those are the standard tails available in North America, and the low line tails in Europe (amber blinkers in Europe)

They are not dynamic.

777-300ER

Go Kart Newbie
In the Netherlands do you have vehicle inspections? Ed's replicas are not certified headlights as far as I know and will fail inspection.

dunkelweizen

Go Kart Newbie