GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LED Door Projector Logo's - Puddle Lights

laney456

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R
Hi there, new to the group. Just purchased a Mk7 Golf R, starting to create a 'to-do' list... I had LED door logo's on my previous car 'S3' - Has anybody fitted them on your mk7.

I have seen quite a few on ebay but concerned about how good the images are.
I came across this UK company though... https://rocketwires.co.uk/online-shop/ols/products/vw-golf-mk7-door-puddle-lighting-kit

Look quite good... any advice?

Thought they seemed reasonable value at £35 with the link harness.
Any help be much appreciated

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
They look awesome bought a set of amazon that didn't come with the wiring harness. Went all over the place looking for the plug and wires. Have a good parts guy at the dealership each wire we like $50 a piece and need 4 wires plus it was $10 for each plug. Car got totaled so gave them to parts guy he put them in his wife's tiguan direct plug and play and look great. If you get a set make sure you get the wiring harness with them.

laney456

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R
They look awesome bought a set of amazon that didn't come with the wiring harness. Went all over the place looking for the plug and wires. Have a good parts guy at the dealership each wire we like $50 a piece and need 4 wires plus it was $10 for each plug. Car got totaled so gave them to parts guy he put them in his wife's tiguan direct plug and play and look great. If you get a set make sure you get the wiring harness with them.
I checked the site again and they definitely come with the harness
harness.JPG

VDubberinDE

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2018 VW Golf R
Hi there, new to the group. Just purchased a Mk7 Golf R, starting to create a 'to-do' list... I had LED door logo's on my previous car 'S3' - Has anybody fitted them on your mk7.

I have seen quite a few on ebay but concerned about how good the images are.
I came across this UK company though... https://rocketwires.co.uk/online-shop/ols/products/vw-golf-mk7-door-puddle-lighting-kit

Look quite good... any advice?

Thought they seemed reasonable value at £35 with the link harness.
Any help be much appreciated
So is that little blue stripe that is illuminated on my R , considered an illuminated door? Looks like you have 2 options when you order the kit.

Leonardp

Go Kart Newbie
So is that little blue stripe that is illuminated on my R , considered an illuminated door? Looks like you have 2 options when you order the kit.
My car which is a 2015 GTI Autobahn does not have actual working lights in the door sills, only plastic red coversI think that’s the difference, apparently some cars have actual working lights in the door sills and some just dummy panels.

laney456

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R
Ok so I already chatted to the owner of Rocketwires and he is really helpful and clearly has allot of knowledge.
His kits come with these really detailed fitting instructions.

So what he told me....

1) All Golf 7's+ have the reflector in the door lower.
2) If you have an illuminated sill (like me) it means the electrical pin in the door ecu is 'live' and no re-coding is required.
3) Therefore it is easier because it is 'plug and play' to a certain degree. He said that the harness which comes with the kit is designed so that you do not need to splice into the existing harness which makes it easier. They just clip straight into where the reflector is.
4) He also sells basic LED puddle lighting (without logo) that actually looks good too.
5) If there is no LED lighting in the sill.... the pin out on the door ECU is not live, but he also includes detailed instructions on how to do this also via 2 or 3 recoding options and also can provide details of people locally who can do this.

Really helpful tbh and I think I am definitely going to buy some from him.

laney456

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R
My car which is a 2015 GTI Autobahn does not have actual working lights in the door sills, only plastic red coversI think that’s the difference, apparently some cars have actual working lights in the door sills and some just dummy panels.
Not sure about 2015 cars - But I think the above is still relevant... definitely drop him a line as he really is a nice guy.

laney456

Car(s)
Golf Mk7 R
He just sent me an example of the fitting instructions and I think even an idiot like me could do it.
Considering the price it looks good value for money with the fitting instructions and support

Attachments

• IMG-20210127-WA0022.jpg
    IMG-20210127-WA0022.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 561