GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Leadtime on a special order

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
Hey guys. Finally put a down payment for my GTi. Got a full option model (CSG), got the standard seats (like the clark pattern), driver profile selection, DCC, didn't opt for dynaudio and didn't get the nav pro cos I expected high running costs on both the options.

Just wanted to know if anyone has experience with a special order and how many months it took to arrive.

Garynovis

Ready to race!
High running costs on the Dynaudio, why do you say that? (or do you mean high running costs on both the sat nav options?)

Thinking of speccing that on mine so interested

Gary

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
High running costs on the Dynaudio, why do you say that? (or do you mean high running costs on both the sat nav options?)

Thinking of speccing that on mine so interested

Gary

Hey Gary. The dynaudio system would have increased the price of the car, which would mean higher insurance premiums. Also, I'm not sure how expensive fixes to the dynaudio system would be as opposed to the normal system. If you can afford it though, then definitely go for it. Don't wanna be caught in a shouldawouldacoulda situation. :)

Garynovis

Ready to race!
I'm coming from a car where the car itself is the entertainment, and the audio system is pretty much useless, so I am looking forward to having a quality sound system to make my commute to work easier

Your thoughts are valid with regards to the costs but hopefully shouldn't affect me too much

Gary

Hey Gary. The dynaudio system would have increased the price of the car, which would mean higher insurance premiums. Also, I'm not sure how expensive fixes to the dynaudio system would be as opposed to the normal system. If you can afford it though, then definitely go for it. Don't wanna be caught in a shouldawouldacoulda situation. :)

GTi..FTW!

Ready to race!
So VW has that option as standard even on the lowest spec now. I tried to up it by asking them if I could get dipping mirrors too. But couldn't. Plus, don't see the need for it when i get the reverse cam and the park pilot option. :)

I'm not sure about the details of lane assist but I understand it forces you to indicate everytime you change your lane and can be annoying sometimes.

They showroom said 4 - 5 months too but another one said possibly 3 months, so the long awaited suspense continues.... and they don't even have a car build tracker, unless there's a universal tracker out there that I'm not aware of.