GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LCA Bushings Change Interval

Hammersticks

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
I love the look of SuperPro LCAs, but don't want to deal with all the caster. I'm lowered and run 235 tires already.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

I’ve never heard of anyone having issues with the 1 degree caster version. That’s why they don’t sell the 2 degree version anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I need to do mine and I would rather just do the whole arm than have to press the bushing out...

I was looking at ECS but seeing that the BFI ones have the ball joint built in, that seems like a great move...

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I need to do mine and I would rather just do the whole arm than have to press the bushing out...

I was looking at ECS but seeing that the BFI ones have the ball joint built in, that seems like a great move...
As long as all the components are of OEM quality or better, I'm fine with the BFI unit.

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE

I'll text you, but if you bring back that propane heater Porter and I will gladly do the install [emoji847]

I just replaced my balljoints and the quality between oem Lempforder and the other options from FCP Euro was noticable.

I'm concerned with poly bushing life but Superpro has delivered. ECS has a poor track record using Powerflex. (See humble mechanics videos on YouTube) OEM tts arms with solid rubber could be cheaper option than poly.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I'll text you, but if you bring back that propane heater Porter and I will gladly do the install [emoji847]

I just replaced my balljoints and the quality between oem Lempforder and the other options from FCP Euro was noticable.

I'm concerned with poly bushing life but Superpro has delivered. ECS has a poor track record using Powerflex. (See humble mechanics videos on YouTube) OEM tts arms with solid rubber could be cheaper option than poly.
So which ball joints did you find to be of higher quality? OEM?

ITGUY

Autocross Newbie

Hello, do you have a press?

yirayira

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2015 GTI SE
So which ball joints did you find to be of higher quality? OEM?

Yes the OEM Lempforder.
Hello, do you have a press?
Yes it's just the small 6-ton bench top from harbor freight. Too small to press in dog bone pucks but it worked great for the HPFP internals

I had a local shop press the control arms bushings. The hollow rears required reinforcement and welding that it beyond my skill level

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
Yes the OEM Lempforder. Yes it's just the small 6-ton bench top from harbor freight. Too small to press in dog bone pucks but it worked great for the HPFP internals

I had a local shop press the control arms bushings. The hollow rears required reinforcement and welding that it beyond my skill level
How much did the shop charge you?

nekky

Passed Driver's Ed
I had the latest revision SuperPro arms installed and they did cause a problem on my 235/35/19 PS4S, 19x8.5 +44 setup lowered on H&R Street Comfort - it's pretty low. The issue was that the car also has a TyrolSport front deadset kit installed, and that removes the ability for whoever is aligning the car, to push the subframe back as far as possible. With the deadset kit, the front tire is too far into the front bumper and will absolutely not be driveable on a very low car.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
I'm just getting ready to do the main two sets of bushings in the front and the rear trailings, replacing with superpro.

I've got access to a 20 ton press, which ought to be plenty. It's pushing the old ones (especially the big fronts) out that's probably the main hassle. Some people just cut them out with a hacksaw or whatever since you won't likely need them again. Pressing new ones in can likely be done with just a decent vice, I'd think.

I'm starting to wonder if I should do the ball joints while I'm in there.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I'm just getting ready to do the main two sets of bushings in the front and the rear trailings, replacing with superpro.

I've got access to a 20 ton press, which ought to be plenty. It's pushing the old ones (especially the big fronts) out that's probably the main hassle. Some people just cut them out with a hacksaw or whatever since you won't likely need them again. Pressing new ones in can likely be done with just a decent vice, I'd think.

I'm starting to wonder if I should do the ball joints while I'm in there.

Too bad you are a nearly 4 hour drive away.

Ball joints are not difficult to replace, but I say if the boots aren't ripped, just leave them be.

Ridebjj

Autocross Champion
Too bad you are a nearly 4 hour drive away.

Ball joints are not difficult to replace, but I say if the boots aren't ripped, just leave them be.

You can get the 12 ton press -which also should work- at harbor freight for like $110 (when on sale). They're pretty handy for many things. HF does have quite a liberal return policy as well. Just sayin