GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV
  • Has your username changed as part of the site merger and want it changed back? If the other version of your username isn't being used, send Gulfer a PM and we can probably fix it for you

LCA Bushings Change Interval

anotero

Drag Racing Champion
I have 73k miles on the odo. When should I change the LCA bushings?

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

Sandman GTI

Go Kart Champion
Changed mine to Supaloy at 20-30,000.
Stock ones when lowered where hitting sub frame on big bumps.
OE soft rubber allows a lot of movement.
One OE had small cracks also.

70,000 now and Supaloy still going well.

anotero

Drag Racing Champion
So these are OEM control arms with full rubber bushings? Also, are the ball joints OEM? I would get this set, but I have no need for new ball joints as mine are doing just fine.

black forest ind

Go Kart Champion
Ride
All of them
So these are OEM control arms with full rubber bushings? Also, are the ball joints OEM? I would get this set, but I have no need for new ball joints as mine are doing just fine.

These are not OEM VW. They are manufactured to our spec by a Tier 1-level supplier.

We do sell just the bushings itself here: https://blackforestindustries.com/collections/mk7-gti-2-0t-tsi-suspension/products/rs3-control-arm-bushings-solid-rubber-mk7-mqb

anotero

Drag Racing Champion

Autobahn

Ready to race!
I have the 18k SuperPro arms, they add 1 degree of caster and add a tiny bit of camber too which balances out well. Should be fine with a 235.

I added their camber plates too and so far so good, no crazy nvh.

The steering feel and turn in is nice and I now have some 255/35/18’s for track while I use a 235/40/18 for street.

Hammersticks

Go Kart Champion
Ride
'16 GTI, '18 e-Golf
I love the look of SuperPro LCAs, but don't want to deal with all the caster. I'm lowered and run 235 tires already.

I’ve never heard of anyone having issues with the 1 degree caster version. That’s why they don’t sell the 2 degree version anymore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bäsemödel

Go Kart Champion
I need to do mine and I would rather just do the whole arm than have to press the bushing out...

I was looking at ECS but seeing that the BFI ones have the ball joint built in, that seems like a great move...

anotero

Drag Racing Champion
I need to do mine and I would rather just do the whole arm than have to press the bushing out...

I was looking at ECS but seeing that the BFI ones have the ball joint built in, that seems like a great move...
As long as all the components are of OEM quality or better, I'm fine with the BFI unit.

yirayira

Ready to race!

I'll text you, but if you bring back that propane heater Porter and I will gladly do the install [emoji847]

I just replaced my balljoints and the quality between oem Lempforder and the other options from FCP Euro was noticable.

I'm concerned with poly bushing life but Superpro has delivered. ECS has a poor track record using Powerflex. (See humble mechanics videos on YouTube) OEM tts arms with solid rubber could be cheaper option than poly.

anotero

Drag Racing Champion
I'll text you, but if you bring back that propane heater Porter and I will gladly do the install [emoji847]

I just replaced my balljoints and the quality between oem Lempforder and the other options from FCP Euro was noticable.

I'm concerned with poly bushing life but Superpro has delivered. ECS has a poor track record using Powerflex. (See humble mechanics videos on YouTube) OEM tts arms with solid rubber could be cheaper option than poly.
So which ball joints did you find to be of higher quality? OEM?