GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LCA Bushing Lifespan

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
What's a resonable lifespan for lower control bushings in our cars? How does a dry, hot climate affect them? What's the approximate mileage they absolutely should be changed at? (I know the last question sounds a bit ridiculous with its "approximate" and "absolute", but there's no better way to phrase it.)

I'm planning on going with BFI LCAs that already have the solid rubber bushings pressed in.

GTI Jake

Autocross Champion
I’m at 86k with no notable issues from my LCA bushings, although I haven’t closely inspected them lately.

For what it’s worth my mk4 needed them when it was ten years old with about 130k on it IIRC. I’d say age has a larger role than mileage.

BFI puts out great products, in this case you’re talking OEM+ so you can mod early and know you’ll still be able to expect that kinda lifespan out of the new parts.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I’m at 86k with no notable issues from my LCA bushings, although I haven’t closely inspected them lately.

For what it’s worth my mk4 needed them when it was ten years old with about 130k on it IIRC. I’d say age has a larger role than mileage.

BFI puts out great products, in this case you’re talking OEM+ so you can mod early and know you’ll still be able to expect that kinda lifespan out of the new parts.

I like BFI stuff, but I don't want to unnecessarily spend money on parts that are not needed right now. Not to say I won't buy those LCAs in the future. Just want to see whether I can indeed postpone getting them.