GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Latest PCV Part Number

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Is there a new AR revision? I ordered the AP from Urotuning and it says AR at the end. On hold with them right now to see what’s up…

Edit: Uro believes it’s a new revision. They said I can go ahead and try it out if I want and if it doesn’t work out they’ll replace or refund 🤷‍♂️

IMG_5489.jpeg

Last edited:

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
-AR looks like an aftermarket revision. I'd avoid personally.
It’s OEM though. The VAG logos are scraped off. Seems strange it would be a different revision VAG doesn’t (or doesn’t yet) recognize.

Last edited:

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Side note: Does anyone know why there are b-series (BL, BM) and a-series (AH, AP) PCV valves and if there’s a specific difference between the series?

crxgator

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
All the MQBs
Yes BL is different than AP.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
It’s OEM though. The VAG logos are scraped off. Seems strange it would be a different revision VAG doesn’t (or doesn’t yet) recognize.
Are you sure they were VAG logos? Could be Vaico, or another chinese manufacturer. The inconsistency of these PCVs tells me that if you can get OE-level QC, it's probably worth sticking with the genuine parts. Googling that part number all I get are alibaba listings. I'd bet urotuning got a line on a cheap chinese-market part and is just scraping the logo off to obfuscate that.

Side note: Does anyone know why there are b-series (BL, BM) and a-series (AH, AP) PCV valves and if there’s a specific difference between the series?
BL on the left, AP/BM on the right:

View attachment 1680635313019.png
BL has that check valve near the rear, whereas AP has that baffle on the front. My guess is that baffle's proximity to the intake manifold return is why the BL seems to do a better job at not dumping oil into the intake on heavy braking. My first BL failed and my assumption is that check valve doesn't hold up well to 31+ psi of manifold pressure.
As for BM/AP/AH, it's possible there's no significant design change, just a different supplier, or another minor revision creating a supercession. Some motors seem to like one over the other.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
Are you sure they were VAG logos? Could be Vaico, or another chinese manufacturer. The inconsistency of these PCVs tells me that if you can get OE-level QC, it's probably worth sticking with the genuine parts. Googling that part number all I get are alibaba listings. I'd bet urotuning got a line on a cheap chinese-market part and is just scraping the logo off to obfuscate that.
I certainly hope that’s not the case since Uro labels this as an OEM part. That’s the only reason I bought this one.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
BL has that check valve near the rear, whereas AP has that baffle on the front. My guess is that baffle's proximity to the intake manifold return is why the BL seems to do a better job at not dumping oil into the intake on heavy braking. My first BL failed and my assumption is that check valve doesn't hold up well to 31+ psi of manifold pressure.
As for BM/AP/AH, it's possible there's no significant design change, just a different supplier, or another minor revision creating a supercession. Some motors seem to like one over the other.
FWIW, the BL valve worked terribly for me and even let oil into the manifold under regular driving. And VW doesn’t list the BM as compatible with my GTI (it says it’s for the R). It’s all a bit confusing and opaque.

scrllock

Autocross Champion
You mean people would do that, just go on the internet and resell $20 aliexpress parts at a 400% markup? (yes, yes they would).

Google it yourself, that's not a genuine VW part number. The results are alibaba, amazon, or ebay resellers.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
You mean people would do that, just go on the internet and resell $20 aliexpress parts at a 400% markup? (yes, yes they would).

Google it yourself, that's not a genuine VW part number. The results are alibaba, amazon, or ebay resellers.
I mean, I can also find BL, BM, AP as cheap Chinese knockoffs too so it could happen regardless. Disappointing to see from Uro and I have to think it’s an honest mistake and not a purposeful intent to deceive. They’re a well respected company, I thought…

scrllock

Autocross Champion
It can, but I'd say it's a lot more likely from these drop-ship tuning companies. Maybe not as likely as amazon/ebay. Not saying it's guaranteed to fail, it's just shady AF .
Urotuning: at least we're not ECS.

mrmatto

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2024 GTI DSG
It can, but I'd say it's a lot more likely from these drop-ship tuning companies. Maybe not as likely as amazon/ebay. Not saying it's guaranteed to fail, it's just shady AF .
Urotuning: at least we're not ECS.
Aren’t almost all online retailers drop-ship companies? They stock certain items in house and the rest is drop shipped