GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Latest dealer prices for GTImk7.5 SE DSG

Zaptrax

I'm about to buy or lease a new 2021 GTI SE w/DSG. MSRP is $34,460 (plus another annoying $600 for monster mats, auto rearview mirror, emergency kit). What kind of discounts are dealers offering now?
Any shopping suggestions for striking the best deal.
I'm in southern California.
Thanks!
Z

bagged_hag

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2019 GTI SE
I second what jimlloyd said, search around for a good deal. Also, I would 100% not pay $600 for the monster mats, emergency kit, and auto rear view mirror. The homelink mirror is somewhere around $150-250 (depending on the model you buy), and the monster mats and emergency kit should be thrown in at no charge.

Don’t ever be afraid to play hardball with a dealer. If you want something, push for it (within reason, don’t be a jerk of course).

Just for a frame of reference, I picked up a brand new ‘19 GTI SE w/ DSG last June for $28,800 with 0% financing and $0 down. They didn’t like the deal, but I played hardball

Last edited:

Zaptrax

Have you looked to see if there are any 2020s still available within a reasonable distance? If so, that's where you'll get some deep discounts
I'd rather get the very last of the Mark 7s than a 2020. And, I'm ambivalent about the Mark 8. Most reviews have been pretty negative about the all digital dash with no knobs. It may take a refresh before VW works out the issues. Not to mention the over-the-air update issues they have been having with the Mk8 in Europe. And while I think the rear is better looking the Mk8 front end is not an improvement IMO

randomhobo130

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2020 Autobahn DSG
I do believe the only difference between the 20s and 21s is the MIB3 infotainment upgrade and being able to get cornflower blue in the autobahn trim. That being said, I can respect the fact that you want the latest one. The moment I saw the mk8 I decided to upgrade my 17 se to a 20 autobahn so I could have it for that much longer until they hopefully make some changes for the better. Good luck in your search. Hopefully you come across something good.

Zaptrax

I do believe the only difference between the 20s and 21s is the MIB3 infotainment upgrade and being able to get cornflower blue in the autobahn trim. That being said, I can respect the fact that you want the latest one. The moment I saw the mk8 I decided to upgrade my 17 se to a 20 autobahn so I could have it for that much longer until they hopefully make some changes for the better. Good luck in your search. Hopefully you come across something good.
I think maybe the 18" gloss black wheels in SE and Autobahn being standard is new for 2021but I could be wrong.

RXXXII

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2021 VW GTI Autobahn
You should be able to get at least $3,000 off MSRP for the SE with DSG. Determine the exact color you want and contact multiple dealers for their best out-the-door (OTD) price. Check cars.com, which will show much of the inventory available in your area. Then you can contact a dealer which actually has a car that is spec'd to what you want.