GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Lane Assist Camera - Need help with Windshield and trims Part Numbers

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
I got glass that has the mount for the 3Q0 camera - made by Fuyao; sorry I don't have a copy of the work order with a part number on it.

And just as an aside, even though my previous windshield was "fine" (i.e., not cracked or in need of replacement), I'm quite impressed with how much better the Fuyao glass is compared to what I had in there before - just seems clearer somehow...less distortion maybe (even though I didn't really notice distortion on the previous glass).

Of course, I needed the windshield with mount for the 5Q0 camera (long story), so no lane assist working for me right now. ☹️

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
I got glass that has the mount for the 3Q0 camera - made by Fuyao; sorry I don't have a copy of the work order with a part number on it.

And just as an aside, even though my previous windshield was "fine" (i.e., not cracked or in need of replacement), I'm quite impressed with how much better the Fuyao glass is compared to what I had in there before - just seems clearer somehow...less distortion maybe (even though I didn't really notice distortion on the previous glass).

Of course, I needed the windshield with mount for the 5Q0 camera (long story), so no lane assist working for me right now. ☹

Do you mind posting the label sticker of the windshield, so i can ask my installer the next time. The OEM ones we use here in Arizona could be too soft/brittle to handle the extreme heat and stone chip. Even smallest stone at the right spot will crack the windshield., and within few days of heat, the crack will grow enough to replace the windshield.

Not sure about you guys, on a average, i encounter cracks almost every 6 - 8 months., my insurance company may be tired of my glass claims.

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Here's the label on the windshield, and the interior mounting bracket for the 3Q0 camera (my stock pre-retrofit attempt mirror rain sensor attached). Temperate climate of the Pacific Northwest (Vancouver Island, in Canada) makes the greatest threat to windshields logging trucks and the detritus that they fling off their wheels. My old windshield probably had four chips in it, each of which were at least a couple years old, and none ever grew past their initial "doink".
IMG_2761.jpeg

IMG_2763.jpeg

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Thanks for the sharing the part number details for the glass. Next time I may try this one from Fuyao., Any idea if these are cheaper than the oems ?

In regards to your Lane assist retrofit, any reason why you are sticking with 5q0 camera ? why cant you sell the 5q0 ccamera and get the new one, especially since you have the windshield installed.

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
The 3Q0 camera is incompatible with the 5Q0 radar sensor. A couple of the remote coding guru guys told me that.

I'd thought about, then, getting a 3Q0 radar sensor, but was led to believe that there was parameterization issues with the 3Q0 camera on a 2015 NAR GSW. Granted, this was a while ago, so maybe this has been figured out...?

That'd certainly be the path of lesser resistance.

doctor

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
The 3Q0 camera is incompatible with the 5Q0 radar sensor. A couple of the remote coding guru guys told me that.

I'd thought about, then, getting a 3Q0 radar sensor, but was led to believe that there was parameterization issues with the 3Q0 camera on a 2015 NAR GSW. Granted, this was a while ago, so maybe this has been figured out...?

That'd certainly be the path of lesser resistance.
Actually 3Q0 camera's works with in the following part radar's :

3QF907561
3QF907561A
3QF907561D

5Q0907561G
5Q0907561H

The difference is just "lens heating"
5Q0 radar's has heating lens, but 3QF radar's has not.

If you have 5Q0907561A,B,C,D,F,K radar's, it will not compatible with 3Q0 camera's

But i have good solution for it, so you can buy a new and cheapest 3QF radars and change the front lens with current 5Q0 (H05) radar's

What is the difference 5Q0907561A,B,C,D,F,K
And 3QF or 5Q0907561H,G radar's

They has more sensitive for collision and tracking lines / works with park modules without line's when following a car at lower speed's (0-50km/h)

Recognize standing objects and cars ( Front assist )

Predictive functions : if you have new 876B/C (US) or 874B/C (Europe) mib2 which has navigation with sd card discover media or mib2 / mib2.5 discover pro, and you have H10, H11 radar also have 3Q0 camera's
You can get the predictive adaptive cruise control ( P.Acc ) feature by rearranging the necessary coding and swaps. ( of course you can not do that by yourself ;) )

H05 radar's or 5Q0 camera can not do that.

It's been a little long article, I hope you won't fall asleep while reading

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
So if I'm reading this right, for the latest functions one would need the following...

Camera Cover Plate (5G0-868-437-A-Y20)
Windshield - (5GM-845-011-R-NVB)
Camera Black Glass Trim - (Heater) (5G0-862-505-A)

Rear View Mirror AutoDim (3G0-857-511-AM-9B9)
Mirror End Cap Left (3G0-858-634-82V)
Mirror End Cap Right (3G0-858-633-82V)

Front camera 3Q0 980 654 G
Front radar... 3QF 907 561 (or 561A or 561D)
... heated front lens from 5Q0 radar? Is this necessary or just nice to have? Can the heated lens be purchased separately?
MIB 2 nav (876 B or C) or MIB

I am in the process of wiring for ACC (which I plan to finish now) and pre-wiring for Lane Assist (which won't happen until I want/need to replace the windshield). But if the above is correct I might try to source a 3QF radar right now.

Is it also correct that the 3Q0 camera is not compatible with the 5Q0 907 541 (round) radar?

Nuje

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2015 Sportwagen TDI
Is it also correct that the 3Q0 camera is not compatible with the 5Q0 907 541 (round) radar?

Not to speak for doctor, but I don't know how much he's on this forum, so...
I was chatting with him yesterday and explicitly asked that question, and he confirmed - 3Q0 camera and 5Q0 907 541 round radar are incompatible. Functionality of 3QF radar is also greatly enhanced from the limited capabilities of the 5Q0

Last edited:

o_a_ravi

Go Kart Newbie
Not to speak for doctor, but I don't know how much he's on this forum, so...
I was chatting with him yesterday and explicitly asked that question, and he confirmed - 3Q0 camera and 5Q0 907 541 round radar are incompatible. Functionality of 3QF radar is also greatly enhanced from the limited capabilities of the 5Q0

Same here., in fact i was in process of doing the ACC retrofit using the older Radar (Round Revo14 type)., but looking at all the incompatibilities., i went with Flat Radar (which came original as Front Assist) which supports the 3Q0 camera thats been already retrofitted on my setup.

By the way, thanks to Doctor for helping me do the ACC retrofit and coding.

RobEL

Car(s)
e Golf mk7.5
Hi guys,
I also have a broken windshield, which only has a rain sensor in it, and was thinking of asking a glass company to order the glass with Lane Assist camera. I have a 2018 Golf, so I suppose my mirror would temporary fit in a new windshield until I acquire the parts. I find this thread very informative about the parts needed, so thank you all for that. However, I would like to ask someone who had a similar situation like mine, to advice me on wiring (harnesses, connectors, etc.) or maybe could provide me as many details as possible about the whole process. This would be my first project, but I am a thoroughgoing person, so I believe I can make it.View attachment 170586
View attachment 170587
I have an e Golf. I have just bought 5NA.868.033 (Lane Assist Camera Bracket Support FOR VW Passat B8 Tiguan MK2) and Lane Assist Lane keeping System Camera Update Kit 3Q0 980 654 G For VW Golf 7.5 MK7.5 MQB Tiguan MK2 Passat B8 from Aliexpress. I am going to try and replace my windshield for one that will work with the lane assist camera and then try to install these parts myself. I am not at all sure that they are the correct parts for my MK7.5, but I believe so. I'll keep you posted. I wonder where to connect the cable from the camera?

doctor

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
I have an e Golf. I have just bought 5NA.868.033 (Lane Assist Camera Bracket Support FOR VW Passat B8 Tiguan MK2) and Lane Assist Lane keeping System Camera Update Kit 3Q0 980 654 G For VW Golf 7.5 MK7.5 MQB Tiguan MK2 Passat B8 from Aliexpress. I am going to try and replace my windshield for one that will work with the lane assist camera and then try to install these parts myself. I am not at all sure that they are the correct parts for my MK7.5, but I believe so. I'll keep you posted. I wonder where to connect the cable from the camera?
camera is okay but covers are should be in the following pars for mk7.5

5G0868437A (YA2-Gray) (ZA2 Shetland) (82V Black)
3G0858634
3G0858633

RobEL

Car(s)
e Golf mk7.5
camera is okay but covers are should be in the following pars for mk7.5

5G0868437A (YA2-Gray) (ZA2 Shetland) (82V Black)
3G0858634
3G0858633

Thank you! I believe those numbers are for the plastic cover (including the left and right plastic pieces to cover the base of the mirror where it attaches to the windshield)? Can you also confirm that
the part number of the bracket I quoted (5NA.868.033) to hold the lane assist camera to the windshield is the correct part?

AWD4416

Ready to race!
Thank you guys for helping me get the proper windshield. I just got an XYG windshield installed. The proper mounting point is there. The image below is after the rain sensor was moved to it. I'm waiting a bit for the glue to dry before installing the camera but it lines right up.The one question that came up other than 2019 GTI was if this was the Type R model, the answer is yes. Hopefully this glass can take a rock or two but no worries on my end as I have coverage for that.

AWD4416

Ready to race!
Got a follow up question, my 2019 came with the Prism rear view mirror with homelink 000072548J.

I'm having a heck of a time trying to make it sit flush. Is this mirror not compatible?