GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

LABOR DAY GIVEAWAY Discussion thread

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Honestly,
regardless of the fact that I have a VERY low post count, I actually kind of agree. I was apart of the supra community for over 10 years and was pretty involved on the forums, but being a new R owner I kind of just the new guy here. I could see how someone could be upset, esp if they put in a lot of effort and time contributing into growing this forum.

-Chris

Just for that we're bringing the requirement down to 23. 😁

Except those members already have ALL THE PARTS! 😂

So true. Although funny enough, I have over 10k in aftermarket parts, but none of those on the prize list.

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
part of it is to drive up membership....I would have some type of minimum post but <50 (25?)

why not take your post count = number of entries

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
There are alot of people who just read things on the forums who don't really comment who have logged on weekly for years but have a low post count. Other users are just new and i sprung this giveaway on everyone so no one had a chance to make new accounts. Either way, its a free drawing, so if you don't win it's not like you lost anything. Hell the entry was just a comment that took 3 seconds to write. With the amount of entries, I wouldn't be surprised if not a single person who comments alot on these threads win.
On the flip side if someone wins who rarely logs on, if they dont claim their prize within a few days, it goes to someone else :)

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
There are alot of people who just read things on the forums who don't really comment who have logged on weekly for years but have a low post count. Other users are just new and i sprung this giveaway on everyone so no one had a chance to make new accounts. Either way, its a free drawing, so if you don't win it's not like you lost anything. Hell the entry was just a comment that took 3 seconds to write. With the amount of entries, I wouldn't be surprised if not a single person who comments alot on these threads win.
On the flip side if someone wins who rarely logs on, if they dont claim their prize within a few days, it goes to someone else :)

Free is music to the ears, I learned this from posting on Free craigslist lol, never again

Strange Mud

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Assorted
when I was getting rid of baby grand piano (came with house) I made it a point to ask for $100 to keep out some of the weirdo's. I told myself if they complained too much I would waive it. they didn't and took it out (all I wanted was gone by professionals)

mk7_bk

Autocross Champion
when I was getting rid of baby grand piano (came with house) I made it a point to ask for $100 to keep out some of the weirdo's. I told myself if they complained too much I would waive it. they didn't and took it out (all I wanted was gone by professionals)
Baby grand piano... me thinking its like the size of something you can hold in your hand

2slowvw

Car(s)
2022 Tesla Model 3
Only a few more days until the drawing. Good luck everyone and thanks for entering.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
Yeah. Last chance to get as many entries as possible in. Just keep reposting on that thread 😂😂😂

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

GdaddyCliff

Car(s)
Fiat 500
Good luck everyone! As noob, I’m glad I could get in the drawing. I’m still not entirely sure what I need, lol. I’ve had my GTI for 4 weeks and lurked on here researching before I bought my car. Thanks again to the sponsors!

arob157

Drag Racing Champion
Good luck everyone! As noob, I’m glad I could get in the drawing. I’m still not entirely sure what I need, lol. I’ve had my GTI for 4 weeks and lurked on here researching before I bought my car. Thanks again to the sponsors!

Keep digging. Don't by a BOV, diverter spacer, etc. Also, think good and hard about getting an intake. The stock intake flows well with some basic mods.

Outside of that, most of the threads here are awesome. Make sure to look at both the GTI and R specific forums. They share a motor with slight differences in build and quality. But mainly the turbo.

Welcome and sorry you found this forum, your pocket book will not be the same. But.in a good way. There should be optional loan financing options for mods due to how well these cars take to them.