GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KW V2 Coilovers, Honest Review.

Ludey849

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5/SE
Shout out to @20ls01 for his feedback on his street comforts. He’s feedback gave me the green light to get V2’s.

Just wanted to give a brief review on these.

I know people have different views on what is comfortable and what isn’t so I’ll start by saying..

I had a mk6 base golf on H&R Ultra Lows. Drove that daily for 2 1/2 years. Ride wasn’t all that great. Under damped , bouncy. I was on Airlift Performance bags on my mk6 gli for 3 1/2 years. Was better then the H&R’s, but also under damped at times. I played with the damping for the first 2 years, Never found the ride to be what I wanted at ride height. Then found myself leaving it at ride height for the last year rarely airing out.

Now, just got KW V2’s on my new 7.5. I lowered it about 1.4 inches all around. These things ride like a dream. As per their recommended settings, these feel way better then my previous setups. For street/highway driving I recommend them 110%. The ride is stiffer, but not bouncy or uncomfortable AT ALL. Planted. Literally today just had a mini road trip to Fort Myers. Ride was better, Takes bumps better than stock.

Not many reviews on these so wanted to help anyone on the fence for coilovers for Daily Driving/slight spirited driving. KW is a quality product. You won't regret it.

Attachments

• 0879EE64-04C1-4F27-988D-C9498C27B40D.jpeg
    0879EE64-04C1-4F27-988D-C9498C27B40D.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 1,019
  • 2EF9EE34-483E-4F3C-B2D3-218F7CA51677.jpeg
    2EF9EE34-483E-4F3C-B2D3-218F7CA51677.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 1,439
Last edited:

vw1320

I too am a big fan of my kw v2. Just curious where you set the dampening and have you messed with it much? I started with it set to the middle all around and it feels pretty decent but was wondering if anyone has better recommendations?

Ludey849

Ready to race!
Car(s)
MK7.5/SE
I too am a big fan of my kw v2. Just curious where you set the dampening and have you messed with it much? I started with it set to the middle all around and it feels pretty decent but was wondering if anyone has better recommendations?
I have them set at there recommended settings which I believe is middle like you. How low did you go?

vw1320

I have them set at there recommended settings which I believe is middle like you. How low did you go?

Rough measurement I am just under 25" ftg at the front and right around 25" ftg in the rear. I have the dampening set to 11 out of 19 clicks from soft all around and am pretty happy. I tried an additional click in the rear and it was too much. might try backing down a click or two and see what sort of difference it makes.