GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KW Street comfort coilovers - brief review

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
At KW's recommended settings....These are insanely comfortable. They absorb and glide over bumps like an old school lexus and does not rattle up the interior when hitting large bumps. In fact, i hear less of the buzzing interior rattles with this suspension. Very luxury sounding when going over bumps. They ride softer and not as harsh as the OEM suspension.

Cornering capabilities is not sacrificed what so ever. Holds the corner very well and does not have any bouncey characteristics.

These are for people who want to lower their car and not have to deal with a harsh ride while being able to drive their car spiritedly.

Would buy it all over again without a doubt. Spring(pun intended) for these over lowering springs if you can afford them($1400-1500), you will not regret it. KW offers lifetime warranty on these...

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 5,872
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    217 KB · Views: 4,673
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    140.4 KB · Views: 4,172
Last edited:

Cptnjosh

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
2017 Sport
KW Comfort

Nice! Perfect ride height. You seem really pleased with these. I am all about having a better ride quality with high performance suspension upgrades. Conventional wisdom would suggest that you have to be uncomfortable in order to corner well. I don’t buy it!

I have a MSS adjustable kit which has excellent ride quality and performs well at the same time. But it’s not really adjustable. When the front adjuster are all the way down and rears at max height to make the car level, I feel this product is woefully misrepresented. This is with a 10mm drop all around. Swift springs in the rear to replace the MSS orange streets have helped but I am still left wanting more. But enough about them.

Good to hear there is comfortable coilover kit out there. Is your drop around 1” or so? Please continue to post your impressions as time/miles go on. I have not seen too many comprehensive reviews on this product.

Please post fender to ground measurements.

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
Nice! Perfect ride height. You seem really pleased with these. I am all about having a better ride quality with high performance suspension upgrades. Conventional wisdom would suggest that you have to be uncomfortable in order to corner well. I don’t buy it!

I have a MSS adjustable kit which has excellent ride quality and performs well at the same time. But it’s not really adjustable. When the front adjuster are all the way down and rears at max height to make the car level, I feel this product is woefully misrepresented. This is with a 10mm drop all around. Swift springs in the rear to replace the MSS orange streets have helped but I am still left wanting more. But enough about them.

Good to hear there is comfortable coilover kit out there. Is your drop around 1” or so? Please continue to post your impressions as time/miles go on. I have not seen too many comprehensive reviews on this product.

Please post fender to ground measurements.

It was this video that sold me on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJDa7p1wb1g
I couldnt find any good reviews on these coilovers so i resorted to this video for this purchase. I am very happy with my gamble.

The front has very good height adjustability but the rear not so much. I have about a 1.5 finger gap in the rear between tire and fender and it seems to be the max as there isnt much threading left on the adjustment coil to safely use. I am going to re-adjust/tweak the height this weekend as i noticed the height did settle some and then i'll post my fender to ground measurements.

Scala

Ready to race!
Another option is the KW DDC ECU coilover kit said to be the ideal solution for cars without adaptive suspension. It comes with a control unit, cable connections and optional wireless module to adjust the suspension via smartphone. Cost?

McCabe89

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
Evo X & Golf R
I've been running the street comforts for nearly 30,000km now. Super happy with them. They are a bit steep in price at $2400 Canadian but well worth it.

iammakbeth

Hey 20ls01,

Just wondering since I'm about to pull the trigger, what was KWs settings recommended to you? Great to hear you have dialed in your suspension...can't wait to dial in mine!

odessa.filez

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
2016 GSW 1.8tsi auto
what about rebound adjustment for the rear shocks. Can it be done without removing the shocks?

DrDavid

Ready to race!
It was this video that sold me on it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gJDa7p1wb1g
I couldnt find any good reviews on these coilovers so i resorted to this video for this purchase. I am very happy with my gamble.

The front has very good height adjustability but the rear not so much. I have about a 1.5 finger gap in the rear between tire and fender and it seems to be the max as there isnt much threading left on the adjustment coil to safely use. I am going to re-adjust/tweak the height this weekend as i noticed the height did settle some and then i'll post my fender to ground measurements.

use this
https://www.ecstuning.com/b-emmanue...everse-rake-adapter-pad-kit/emd-mqb-spacer~e/

or this
https://www.kwsuspensions.com/produ...-suspensions-spring-spacer-30mm-65030046.html

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
Hey 20ls01,

Just wondering since I'm about to pull the trigger, what was KWs settings recommended to you? Great to hear you have dialed in your suspension...can't wait to dial in mine!

I left it at kw’s recommended settings and it rides amazing. The stock setting is in thr install manual which is included in the box. Also available online, you wont regret it

20ls01

Go Kart Newbie
Car(s)
GTI 2016
Hi, any update on these? How are they holding up?

I wouldnt expect any issues in just 4 months with any suspension but these are still great. No noises at all...super quiet. I think it fixed the rear end knocking noises that came from the factory that many of us are experiencing.