GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

KW or Bilstein? First suspension mod.

Pablo924

Car(s)
MK7.5 Golf R-line
Before you lower the car, is there any part of the road or daily driving that might pose an issue to driving, where you need to slow down to a snail's pace and drive over diagonally with a lowered car?

Sorry for being a bit late.
As the car sits right now I have no issues, but maybe my garage entrance would be the only problem I might have when lowering the car.

Pablo924

Car(s)
MK7.5 Golf R-line
rear sway bar won't lower your car obviously but it makes a massive improvement in the handling with minimal impact on ride quality.

I was wondering if this was that noticeble. Where I live you don´t see Mk7 Golfs modified and therefore the only infromation I can trust are video impressions.
Once I lower the car with the coilovers I was planning on trying to fit a rear sway bar. Any suggestions?

JUMB3E

Passed Driver's Ed
Car(s)
2018 Golf R 6MT
Superpro RSB with endlinks

FirstCarGolfR16

Passed Driver's Ed
currently I am running bilstein DCC I found them too firm and I was thinking switching too KW V2.
Will be KW more comfortable ride? if not where should I be looking?

Gvazquez

Go Kart Champion
currently I am running bilstein DCC I found them too firm and I was thinking switching too KW V2.
Will be KW more comfortable ride? if not where should I be looking?
The KW options typically run really low spring rates so yeah id say it might be more comfy

gti_freak

Passed Driver's Ed
I have new parts from KW there special bearings and spring adapters to convert front progressive springs to
linear PM me if interested they work with any brand coilover and MQB oem or aftermarket top mount.

View attachment 171622View attachment 171623View attachment 171624View attachment 171625

Sorry to bring this thread back to the land of the living!

Any chance you still have these adapters available?

Also, i see you have experience with bilsteins. Do you think i could be able to mate bilstein progressive springs into another brand of adjustable dampers (example: bc racing)

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
Sorry to bring this thread back to the land of the living!

Any chance you still have these adapters available?

Also, i see you have experience with bilsteins. Do you think i could be able to mate bilstein progressive springs into another brand of adjustable dampers (example: bc racing)

I no longer have them and it consist of multiple parts also it's for the use of 70mm linear springs.
MK5/MK6 strut bearing
KW top bearing plate
KW 80mm helper spring
KW 70mm - 80mm spring adapter
KW 70mm lower spring seat adapter

If you want to use Bilstein springs they can't come from the B16 damptronic since those have a bottom dia 70mm
gepfeffert_DDC_3_6a8b04e2-b9e1-496c-a9b5-9fe02e98375d_2560x.jpg

Last edited:

greekspec2

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
17 Golf R 17 BMW X1M
here is the 81mm helper spring used to adapt done from the factory MK6 bearing and I will have to dig up the other part numbers

Screen Shot 2021-01-06 at 7.24.51 AM.png